Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

abdominal scars - should i be worried?

(5 Posts)
neonrainbow Mon 16-May-16 22:42:09

I am currently not pregnant but it's pregnant persons that can help me so I've posted here, i hope that's ok. I have a large deep scar i have on my abdomen from an operation i had as a baby. I'm worried about what will happen to it if i do fall pregnant ... Will it just stretch a bit? It's between my naval and chest. Has anyone got any experience of something similar they can share to reassure me that a pregnancy won't put too much strain on it and it stretch too far?! confusedshock

minimumeffort Mon 16-May-16 22:48:01

I have a similar scar from an operation I had as a baby too. Wasnt a problem at all when I was pregnant although it did stretch along with the rest of my skin (and went pretty much back to normal afterwards) I'm sure that a scar from so long ago wouldn't pose an health risks so I wouldn't give it a second thought when planning for babies!

Octonought Mon 16-May-16 22:50:42

It'll be fine. I have a big scar across the middle of my abdomen from an operation when I was 10. Survived 3 pregnancies including twins. When I was pregnant it didn't stretch quite as much as the rest of my skin so I had a sort of double bump (even with the singletons wink).

neonrainbow Tue 17-May-16 07:05:55

Thank you so much! It's been worrying me for a little while now so that's a relief!

mrsnec Tue 17-May-16 07:14:35

I've had two c sections and have a massive laparotomy scar too. It was all fine although I did find myself having to explain what the scar was numerous times despite it being in my medical records.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now