Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hot water craving?

(6 Posts)
Inwaiting Sat 14-May-16 21:57:36

Hi all

I'm 34 weeks and I'm obsessed with drinking plain hot water and having showers. Just wondered if any one else has/had this and whether it meant anything like lacking something?

I'm having up to 5 showers a day my skins so dry but I just can't stop 🙈

LadybirdSpots Sun 15-May-16 04:47:46

Oh my goodness, yes!!

I don't have to showers all the time, instead I crave drinking hot water out of sponges! I just get them soaking wet and suck them dry, as well as drinking plan boiled water!

I had exactly the same thing when I was pregnant with DC1, so there must something in it, it's so weird!

Inwaiting Sun 15-May-16 08:21:16

I can't seem to find anything on Google to say what it is. What sex was DC1? We haven't found out but I'm wondering if there's a link

LadyFarnborough Sun 15-May-16 18:19:14

Pretty healthy as cravings go!

wigelspigels Sun 15-May-16 20:41:04

With my first I ate bowls full of ice cubes, have been thinking of them this time again. Love the smell of certain things too. Odd.

SnuffleGruntSnorter Sun 15-May-16 20:44:32

I was on the ice cubes too, DH took me out for a fancy meal as our last date night before the baby arrived and all I wanted was jug after jug of icy water. The waitress was fantastic when she realised what was going on smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now