Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Progesterone or pregnant?

(12 Posts)
TrueBoo2 Sat 14-May-16 21:10:55

I've just undergone my first IVF cycle and am currently going through the agonising 2WW.....3 days to go. Obviously I realise the progesterone I'm taking mimics pregnancy symptoms, but apart from the usual, for the last 3 nights I've been peeing about six times every night, having vivid dreams and since yesterday, Ive had a horrid taste in my mouth (not metallic though). Does anyone know if these are simply the side effects of increased progesterone? I can't find anything about these symptoms online. I'm hoping these are genuine signs that I might really be pregnant. TIA

Boomies Sun 15-May-16 07:01:01

Hi, I don't know about the signs of progesterone but for me the signs i had in the two week wait that I was pregnant were absolutely no PMT which I always got the few days before my periods, I genuinely had nausea if I didn't eat regularly, nose bleeds and feeling like my boobs were on fire. It sounds like you've got some new symptoms so fingers crossed I really hope all goes well for you! The two week wait is awful so try not to drive yourself too nuts! X

TrueBoo2 Sun 15-May-16 08:13:33

It's worse because my other half is away. He gets back the night before we go to do the test. I must stop finding symptoms in everything! 2 days to go. It's our last chance as we have no more money for IVF. We had an ectopic last year so I lost my left tube. My ovarian reserve is also very low. So wish us luck!

LittleBear01 Sun 15-May-16 08:23:43

I'm pregnant through IVF and didn't have many symptoms in 2ww, but still don't now at 10+4! However I was (and still am) weeing a lot in the night. Best of luck, I remember the stressful 2ww well

mellowyellow1 Sun 15-May-16 10:54:16

Good luck! I went off of my food in the two week wait and couldn't even finish a sandwich.

bumbleclat Sun 15-May-16 13:15:46

(Sorry if TMI) The thing that made me realise I was pregnant before the day I could do a test was that when I had an orgasm it really ached my ovaries in this weird tugging way that had never happened before. When I googled it it led me straight to early pregnancy symptoms so could be worth a try.

TrueBoo2 Sun 15-May-16 13:36:41

Am worried an orgasm will make my uterus to contract & lose the baby, plus my other half isn't back till late the night before the test. I think I just need to wait it out. Been reading that estrogen supplementation can be causing the extra urination so looks like that is down to the drugs too and not necessarily pregnancy sad

bessie84 Sun 15-May-16 13:36:54

currently 32 weeks with our one and only ivf.

for me, i was, BLOATED, sweating buckets, vivid dreams, also seriously hurt after orgasm. we tested 9dp5dt with first response tests and then had bloods done to confirm few days later.

i wish you tonnes of luck. you get the 2ww out of way then its the dreaded wait for early scan.... the worry doesnt end for a fair bit yet. keep us posted on your news

x

TrueBoo2 Sun 15-May-16 14:26:20

My worry will never end! If I do get a positive then hanging on to it will be a miracle as I have a didelphic uterus (duplicate) so am unable to carry to full term. But we are all aware in advance it will be a high risk pregnancy. So it would be a miracle if this works smile

bessie84 Sat 21-May-16 09:12:11

when do you test? hope your ok

TrueBoo2 Sat 21-May-16 09:38:06

Unfortunately neither embryo implanted sad

Allium40 Sat 21-May-16 20:23:50

Sorry to hear that TrueBoo :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now