Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

20 weeks - already uncomfortable walking - is this normal?

(10 Posts)
Imaginosity Sat 14-May-16 17:25:21

I'll be 20 weeks in a few days. I've been extremely unactive in this pregnancy due to illness and anemia.

When I walk about or try to stand on one leg to put my trousers on in aware of mild aches around my pelvis - I can't really describe it. I feel like this is how I should be when I'm about 35 weeks pregnant - not 20 weeks. I'm wondering have I damaged myself by being so inactive or is this normal.

Mummyme87 Sat 14-May-16 17:58:44

Sounds like the start of SPD. Speak to your midwife about a physio referral. Normal in pregnancy. Paracetamol if needed. Avoid over extending or abducting your hips

Alasalas2 Sun 15-May-16 01:06:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

malvinandhobbes Sun 15-May-16 07:58:09

I had a couple of really awkward days around 20 weeks and then it went away. I still get it a bit (29 weeks) if I have been on my feet for a long time and then sit.

SummerHouse Sun 15-May-16 08:01:55

I had SPD. It can be terrible but it can also be very mild. It stops the moment you have your baby.

Afreshstartplease Sun 15-May-16 08:08:04

Agree sounds like spd/pgp

I am 17 weeks and I've had it for months already

It is grim

Physio, paracetamol, support belt. Gp can prescribe codine if paracetamol isn't cutting it

Afreshstartplease Sun 15-May-16 08:08:30

Also, it doesn't always end as soon as baby is born ...

ShootingStar75 Sun 15-May-16 08:15:18

I agree it sounds like pgp/spd, see your doctor for a referal to Physio.

Hate to be the one to say but it doesn't always end after pregnancy either (although in a lot of cases it does-it's not said to panic you just I was told it would go after pregnancy and it took me a long time to accept it didn't, nearly 6 years later I still struggle massively with it).

Luckystar1 Sun 15-May-16 08:17:05

Sounds like SPD (as already said!) I got it from 13 (!!) weeks with DC1, I have had oestopathy from early on this pregnant (touch wood) I'm at 29 weeks with only slight twinges.

I would hasten to add it doesn't always go away post birth, I had it for 11 months after DC1... Lucky me!

Afreshstartplease Sun 15-May-16 08:17:05

Do not let them push/hold your leg back during the birth or you could end up with a forever bad leg like me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now