Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nub theory

(8 Posts)
PeppaAteMySoul Thu 12-May-16 23:27:32

So probably a load of old rubbish and definatley only a bit of fun but according to the theory I think boy. DP thinks girl. Wise Mumsnetters help prove him wrong.

PeppaAteMySoul Fri 13-May-16 00:20:02

Anyone?

Rocket82 Fri 13-May-16 08:28:00

According to nub theory (which I'm not very convinced by, but still), I'd say girl.

PeppaAteMySoul Fri 13-May-16 08:41:17

Thanks Rocket I'm sure there isn't much in the theory either. I can't wait to find out, which is silly really as I am equally happy with a boy or a girl. I just am impatient ha. So when my DP found the theory I thought it would be a bit of fun. Instead it led to a (lighthearted) argument about who could understand angles grin. I may have to admit defeat.

Annabrooke90 Fri 13-May-16 10:53:18

I'd say boy, based on the top of the nub, looks to me more like stacking than a flat fork. But I'm not expert on nubs lol. Have you tried in gender? They all guessed mine correctly.

I think the nub theory can be good if the nub is captured clearly and the gestation is right. I had two nubs imaged out of my 5 pregnancies. They both was correct. Well yet to be confirmed this time, but two scans since have said girl so I'd be shocked if she wasnt now.

PeppaAteMySoul Fri 13-May-16 11:13:48

Hi Anna I didn't even realise there was a gender topic. I suppose the only way to be sure is to wait for the next scan. It's just so far away so it's exciting to guess before that.

Annabrooke90 Fri 13-May-16 11:51:20

In-gender is a website (sorry lol) Google it and post your scan picture on the ultrasound forum there. You will get many more guesses there than here. Your nub picture also is quite tricky. And they are good with things like that smile. Most definitely is haha.

PeppaAteMySoul Fri 13-May-16 12:11:03

Oops sorry- thank you for the tip smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now