Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early milk query.

(3 Posts)
socktastic Thu 12-May-16 21:24:29

I'm 33 weeks today and I've had clear liquid from my boobs for the past couple of weeks if I squeeze the nipples. (Possibly shouldn't be doing this but find it perversely fascinating!)
Today it's turned a more yellows/milky colour and I'm not sure if it's the beginning of proper milk or if it's pus?
Does anyone have any wisdom to share on their early milk?

clarella Thu 12-May-16 21:29:07

It's colostrum - mine started early, I ended up with an abundant supply! Aka liquid gold. I was fascinated too. And by the mild cheese crust confusedgrin

clarella Thu 12-May-16 21:33:15

Basically the first milk is a rich thick calorific milk full of antibodies and probiotics to coat babies tummy. After a a couple of days or more it 'comes in' and is much more watery, sugary. It meets need - babies tummy is the size of a nut the first few days, gradually grows, the milk adapts to the demand. (So be careful not to over pump in first few days if end up having to do so).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now