Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can you have an EP with a negative test?

(6 Posts)
Kbc0623 Thu 12-May-16 09:00:57

Okay so I think I might be having an EP. All my symptoms match. But preg test is neg. First I was a month late on my period but had all symptoms cramps head aces tender nipples everything. So I took an at home preg test and it turned out neg a dew days later I took another one and it was neg again. So I just thought maybe its stress.. Although for me to be late is not normal at all I'm more likely to have two periods in a month or bleed for three weeks than to not have one or to be late.. And when my period came it was CRAZY my cramps were almost to much to bare my hubbie had to care for the kids and I bleed really heavy. My period lasted like that for only like four days then it was gone. Then I starting having random sharp pains in my side in the middle of the night while trying to sleep I just thought maybe I played the wrong way or something I have been having a constant feeling of needing to have a BM but I always only pee. And when I do have a BM it hurts my stomach like bad I feel so sick I want to vomit. I still have tender nipples ect and not on my period anymore. Although after my period a few days later I spotted some but not a lot. Also tryed to have sex with my husband and it hurt so bad I made him stop. I have been having long lasting dizzy and light headed spells off and on all day for the past week or so. And at night it feels like I have bad blood circulation in my shoulder and arm or something. Like I can not sleep my shoulder dose not hurt really bad but it feel very sore like. What do I do? What does this sound like to you? Like I feel like I need to go to the doc and something is wrong but I don't want to look dumb. I already have two kids and am not trying for another what so ever so I know I'm not just imagining these symptoms... Help please

Kbc0623 Thu 12-May-16 09:03:15

Typo *laying the wring way not playing

kirinm Thu 12-May-16 09:17:37

Personally, I think it's unlikely. Ectopic pregnancies do grow and so your HCG levels should be detectable on a test. You could always ask your GP to do a blood test as that'll rule it out.

With my ectopic pregnancy I didn't have proper bleeding, just constant spotting which wasn't even the same colour as a normal period. And by 4 weeks pregnant I had v faint positives which got slightly stronger. My HCG levels didn't ever rise above 300 but it took nearly a month of repeated testing and methotrexate to get them to start decreasing.

I think a blood test via your GP is the only way you'll be able to find out if you have any HCG in your blood.

Kbc0623 Thu 12-May-16 09:39:08

Okay thanks! I just don't know what else it could be! Like I'm extremely confused right now although with my last pregnancy the home preg test didn't come up pos till I was 8 weeks. I had really low hcg levels. Maybe its something else entirely different. I did spot like a super light pink and brown color (as gross as it sounds 😶 three days ago but it was only for a day and when I would wipe. So I don't even know if that's considerd spotting

meffhead Thu 12-May-16 10:20:12

You need to see your Dr it could be ovarian cysts !!!!

Kbc0623 Thu 12-May-16 18:19:16

Update: spotting again aehhhh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now