Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tubal ligation during c-section

(6 Posts)
ILikeYouToo Wed 11-May-16 14:36:57

I'm due to have my third child by c-section next month. The hospital has offered to tie my tubes at the same time (this will be our last child). I'm tempted but have googled and found all kinds of horror stories about tubal ligation syndrome and side effects. It seems medical professionals won't acknowledge these so it's hard to access what I know to be genuine advice. Has anyone any experience of tubal ligation, good or bad?
Thank you!

CottonSock Wed 11-May-16 14:39:04

I'm considering this next month too. Didn't think about side effects until my mum mentioned very heavy periods resulted from hers. Now I'm not sure. Will read about syndrome you mention and read other responses with interest

blackteaplease Wed 11-May-16 14:43:28

I was offered this with 3rd c-section but opted not to because I didnt want to extend the recovery time any longer than necessary from the section.

ILikeYouToo Wed 11-May-16 14:51:48

Heavy periods seem to be a common theme (and one I'm not keen to have). The post tubal ligation syndrome list of symptoms is about 30 long in total...it makes for scary reading. But nearly everyone who has it says doctors won't believe them.

Does it extend your recovery time then blackteaplease? I'd not realised that...

blackteaplease Wed 11-May-16 18:33:21

I had read that it could and didn't want to take the risk.

weebarra Wed 11-May-16 18:35:13

I had it and was fine. Was my 3rd EMCS and recovery time was the same. Can't comment on periods as unfortunately I was diagnosed with breast cancer when DD was 8 weeks and chemo sent me into menopause!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now