Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

losing mucus plug at 17 weeks

(6 Posts)
bringonthrsummer Wed 11-May-16 12:26:00

Been referred for a cervical scan to check the length of my cervix because I'm losing the plug already. This is 3rd pregnancy so I know it's plug. Has anyone had this scan or lost their plug early? X

Afreshstartplease Wed 11-May-16 15:50:48

Any news op? I've no experience of this, never even noticeably lost plug with any of three DC I've had so far

bringonthrsummer Wed 11-May-16 20:05:35

No I don't have the scan until next Wednesday so will know more then I'm guessing X

Afreshstartplease Wed 11-May-16 20:12:10

Gosh that's a worrying wait for you although hopefully a sign they aren't too worried

gunting Wed 11-May-16 20:28:47

I lost my plug early but still a little later than you at 25 weeks.

The mucus plug can grow back and reform so it might not be too much of a problem.

For me it wasn't and my son was born at 41+1 with no kind of intervention needed. I just carried on as normal.

I hope it is a good outcome for you too, best of luck l.

Annabrooke90 Wed 11-May-16 21:56:27

I started losing bits of plug really early from my third pregnancy onwards. My 3rd was born at 38 weeks and my 4th was born at 34 weeks. When it started it continued as a snotty looking jelly (sorry tmi) until around five weeks before the births where it turned bloody also...this is when I knew bigger changes were happening. I never was scanned I just got told it grows back or its because of the amount of babies I'd had etc, which isn't reassuring. I'm now 22+6 with my 5th baby, last was preterm so kind of expecting this one to arrive early again, been losing bits for quite a while, no blood yet. So I am proof it does come away for a long time without giving birth extra early. But it can be very worrying. I hope the scan shows nothing to worry for you flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now