Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nausea getting me down

(6 Posts)
Smile150 Wed 11-May-16 09:40:31

I'm nine weeks pregnant tomorrow and have been feeling crap since about week 5 I feel sick from the moment I wake to the moment I go to sleep and even wake up in the night feeling sick. Although I've only been sick once it's getting my down I feel awful and won't to do nothing and don't even want to leave the house I feel so rough. Im eating ok just find that I feel sick when I eat and when I don't and crave all the bad things. I have a 17 month old daughter who I have with me all day and find it hard to get the energy to play with her and feel bad and then she doesn't sleep at night so I don't get must rest do that makes me feel worse. I never felt this bad with my daughter and it's really depressing me and taking over all I want to do is cry. Anyone else felt or feeling like this and have any tips

Leviticus Wed 11-May-16 09:46:38

My tip is to get anti sickness medication from your GP to try to take the edge off it. I don't think anything else works.

It's the worst. Hope you feel better soon flowers

Smile150 Wed 11-May-16 09:55:26

Thanks for your reply. Yea I may go to the doctors if I can get myself out of the house ha.. I'm ok when I got someone else with me too motivate me to go out or do something but when I'm on my own just don't feel like it. Tried a short walk the other day felt like I was gonna pass out by time I got home when I can usually do the walk no problem. I no its all worth it at the end just feel so crap and not myself at the moment.

Hollymilli14 Wed 11-May-16 20:09:39

I feel for you. I'm exactly the same at the moment. I'm currently 8 weeks with a dd of nearly 2yrs old running about wild. I finally plucked up the courage and went to the Dr's (didn't want to over react) and got some anti sickness tablets. They have taken the edge off the nausea but it's still there all day and night. It's horrible isn't it. I try to keep busy even if it's just washing up or washing to take my mind off it (easier said than done I know) especially when you have zero energy 😢🙈 hopefully not much longer and it will pass for us both! (Fingers crossed for you )
Xxx

twoshoes86 Wed 11-May-16 20:35:59

Really feel for you. I was in a similar position. My GP prescribed me cyclizine which has helped. It does make me drowsy but is good for evenings as just makes me want to go to bed. Sounds like you have your hands full but sometimes a good sleep/nap can help. X

Smile150 Wed 11-May-16 20:53:31

Yes I never seem to be able to nap when my daughter does and if I do she wakes up.. she won't sleep much at night either.. I try to keep busy but have zero energy so Im not doing my walking and I'm eating more so that makes me feel more down like all I do is eat feel crap and sit on my bum

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now