Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I miss carrying 😢

(22 Posts)
kellyb85 Wed 11-May-16 00:19:10

Hi guys I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant 4 days ago (Saturday) and way on Sunday started spotting brown/pink blood only very slight anyway tonight I have had mild period like pains but bleeding has become a bit heavier and is now red - I have had to have a bath for the period pain and now have a hot water bottle on my belly - I am so scared I am having a miscarriage it has taken nearly 5 years to get pregnant & I am type 1 diabetic so that comes with its problems to unborn babies can anyone advise me please could this just be implantation bleeding? sad xxx

Dungandbother Wed 11-May-16 00:23:41

Just here to hold a hand.
I've miscarried. I can't say whether you are or not but I know how scared and worried you are.

Sorry you're going through this. Is your partner home? Someone to be with you?

Thornrose Wed 11-May-16 00:26:10

I can't advise you but I didn't want to leave your post unanswered. Do you have someone with you? flowers

kellyb85 Wed 11-May-16 00:27:24

Hi thank you yes he is here but has fallen asleep 😔 He has told me not to worry as it can cause more harm but what else can I do - I'm not exactly flowing blood but there is quite a bit but my stomach is really tender and aching and has lasted all night so far - I just don't know what to do with myself at the moment and I know I can only wait for Drs in the morning so it's going to be a long night

seven201 Wed 11-May-16 06:13:52

Early bleeding and cramping is quite common (I had it and all is fine with me) so all is not lost yet. Can you self refer to your epu (mine has to be referred through gp, but many don't)? If not get to the gp as soon as you can.

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Wed 11-May-16 06:29:06

This sounds list like my miscarriages. Sorry flowers.

Five years is a long time, are you having fertility treatment?

kellyb85 Wed 11-May-16 07:54:15

Hi guys I have been awake all night the bleeding did stop for a few hours but then returned quite heavy this morning just been to a&e but have to go back later for a scan I'm hoping it's just heavy spotting but I am never that lucky. No I haven't been on treatment my daughter took 3 years to conceive and I had actually just given up hope but soon as I found out I was pregnant I was so excited I'll keep u updated but it doesn't look good xxx

LolaStarr Wed 11-May-16 08:57:44

Will be keeping everything crossed for you flowers

Firstmum24 Wed 11-May-16 08:59:55

flowers thinking of you and sending positive wishes

missybct Wed 11-May-16 09:02:03

Am crossing my fingers lovely flowers. Speak to us if you need to x

igglepiggleisanarsehole Wed 11-May-16 12:00:17

Fingers crossed for you lovely flowers

Pancakeflipper Wed 11-May-16 12:25:40

I have my fingers crossed for you too.

kellyb85 Wed 11-May-16 12:50:33

Well just got back from my scan had to have an internal 1 the sac was there but no heart beat sad so looks like I still need to pass my tiny baby 😭 They asked me to go into another room but I was so upset I just walked out
How long can it take to pass naturally I know they would have explained all this to me if I had waited sorry xxx

PeppasNanna Wed 11-May-16 12:54:33

Oh opflowers

Give the hospital a call. I had a miscarriage 3 years ago & left after the scan like you did.

I had gone for my 12 week scan. The baby had died at 8 weeks.

My heart goes out to you. X x x

Eastend2015 Wed 11-May-16 15:39:51

I'm so sorry to hear your news. If you are already bleeding then hopefully it won't take too long. The miscarriage association have a brilliant helpline and can answer any questions, I found they had a much better bedside manner than the hospital so I totally understand you walking out! Hugs in the meantime xxx

seven201 Wed 11-May-16 15:45:55

I don't want to get your hopes up and I'm certainly no doctor but sometimes 6 weeks is just too early for a heart beat. Sometimes it doesn't start or at least show until 8 weeks. Obviously I wasn't there so it may be that they indicated to you that that's not the case for you. If you feel up to it give them a call or ask your partner to. flowers

kellyb85 Wed 11-May-16 19:57:40

Thank you all for your support it really does mean a lot - thanks seven for the words of hope but I went on Monday for a scan as there was slight spotting and I saw the heart beat quite clearly but nothing today sac was completely empty 😔 How long does it usually take for nature to take care of things? I just want to get back to my life of trying again hopefully next time won't take 5 years xx

Beansprout30 Wed 11-May-16 21:18:04

In really sorry kelly my friend went through the same thing a few weeks ago, It must be truly awful. flowers

Eastend2015 Wed 11-May-16 23:58:07

Well, I waited 3 weeks after the foetus had stopped developing to miscarry naturally, when nothing happened I went in for an ERPC which actually wasn't that bad. It took about 10 mins and wasn't painful, just more uncomfortable. They even let DH in to hold my hand and I wish I'd had it done earlier. I hadn't had any bleeding beforehand though, just the tiniest bit of spotting so hopefully you'll miscarry quicker. I'm so sorry for what you are going through.

Pancakeflipper Thu 12-May-16 20:09:29

I'm really sorry Kelly.

kellyb85 Thu 12-May-16 20:41:47

Well iv just been to the toilet and it came out 😔 And bleeding seems to be slowing down I am trying to look at it this way at least I can still get pregnant! After 5 years I had just given up hope and didn't think about it anymore so I will just have try again thank you again everyone for your kind words and hopefully next time I am on this site it will be with a happier post xxx

Eastend2015 Thu 12-May-16 23:51:37

I'm so sorry to hear your news and I wish you a very speedy recovery. Lots of hugs cake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now