Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else

(14 Posts)
Tazlet Tue 10-May-16 14:08:37

Have days when you just want to cry? I know its probably the hormones kicking in once more but I am just feeling so completely overwhelmed with everything - i just want to shout stop and hit the pause button. Am hoping this feeling will pass soon as I should be happier and more excited about everything than ever before. sad

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Tue 10-May-16 14:09:55

Every day at the moment. DD1 is 9 and fine, but DD2 is 11 months and an absolute monster at the moment, it's making me panic about having 2 under 2 big time!

Is this your first?

Tazlet Tue 10-May-16 14:46:26

hey - yes this is my first - an unexpected joy but I'd only been with the Dad for a couple of months (he's lovely) and he has 2 already (DS1 is 5 and DS2 is 4), I am in the process of renovating what was going to be my dream flat in the centre of London and now doing it up to sell and buy a house in the outskirts of London where BF and his boys already live. Has just hit me I think just how much life is different/going to change in the next few months. I'm exhausted, overwhelmed and obviously very hormonal!

Why is DD2 being a monster?

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Tue 10-May-16 15:17:55

Oh I remember the feeling well, I was 23 when I fell pregnant with DD1, was just starting my career and finally had some decent money to enjoy life a bit, and then felt very overwhelmed about the baby and how my life would change. Then I had my 20 week scan, and it was like all my apprehension went away and I just couldn't wait to meet my baby! It wasn't long after this I stated to feel her move, and I felt more connected to her by the day, and as twee as this sounds, she really is my best friend smile

I'm confident the same will happen for you, it just takes a while to get your head around it.

DD2 is in the midst of teething/separation anxiety hell so is just very clingy at the moment, hence my panic about having another baby! But I'm sure by the time it comes, DD will have calmed down a bit (clutches straws!)

If it makes you feel better, I fell pregnant quite quickly after meeting DP, and it all worked out great for us smile

When are you due?

Tazlet Tue 10-May-16 16:27:52

Thanks honey - I think the shock of everything not being great at the 20 week scan also has knocked me for six (fingers crossed all is ok now as all bloods came back normal but repeat scan next Friday - maybe I will be less stressed when that's done?).

I'm due 2 September which up to last week seemed like miles away but now seems like it could be tomorrow!

I have my fingers crossed for you that DD will have calmed down soon and you can relax a bit!

whiteychappers Tue 10-May-16 16:37:11

I'm 20 weeks and still have days when I'm overwhelmed. Feeling the baby move is definitely helping as I do feel more connected. I think its normal to have days when its all too much, particularly if you feel like crap or have things on your mind. This baby is a much wanted little bubs and we tried for years, I think part of me cant quite believe it yet. Don't be too hard on yourself, not everyone finds pregnancy easy, I'm certainly not!

missybct Tue 10-May-16 17:17:14

Snap - I'm 20w tomorrow and I have moments, sometimes entire days, where I feel very very hopeless or anxious - it's bizarre, it's not about becoming a Mum, it's about losing baby - like whitey I almost still can't believe I'm pregnant; I never thought I'd be a mum because a) I had a lot of MH issues and thought I'd be terrible at it and b) was told it would take ages to conceive. As it stood, it took once grin.

Me and DP have been together for nearly 2 years, and he has a son from a previous relationship, so I think some of the balancing being a 'parent' (of sorts) at the weekend, working full time and in the midst of trying to move house has probably taken some of the shine off. I'm desperate to meet baby though, I just want to squish his face grin.

Can categorically say though, that pregnancy has been one helluva whack on my MH and hormones.

Tazlet Tue 10-May-16 17:18:57

thanks girls - its so good to hear that I am not the only one feeling like this!

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Tue 10-May-16 18:04:38

I went to tesco at 4 ish, out of nowhere I realised I was crying 😢 DD2 has been so fractious today that I genuinely don't think I'll cope with two.....

Tazlet Wed 11-May-16 09:49:19

WTF - you will cope - of this I'm sure - not saying its not going to be stupidly hard but you will find a way!

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Wed 11-May-16 14:02:42

I hope so! If it's really tough I'll just go back to work earlier! 😂

I'm hoping in time I'll get used to the idea and start to look forward to it.

How are you doing Taz? Any news?

Tazlet Wed 11-May-16 14:07:14

I'm a little more up than I was yesterday but getting home to find the half constructed new ensuite flooded nearly sent me over the edge!

OrchidLilly14 Wed 11-May-16 14:13:40

Oh noooo .... I hope you're doing okay?!

If you've gotta cry let it out .... Better than keeping it in and letting more and more anger build up inside you smile

Maybe you could have a 'you' day at some point soon?! Rest, relax etc etc.

Really hope you're feeling better soon smile

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Wed 11-May-16 14:22:55

Oh crap! No that wouldn't be good at all! Hope it's easily sorted!

If only we could have a drink for the stress eh! 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now