Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ex dating someone else while I'm pregnant

(8 Posts)
sophieeleanorxx Tue 10-May-16 11:28:22

Me and my ex split up end of March I moved out of his house in Sheffield and left my job in Leeds and moved back to my mums in Birmingham. because he was speaking to other girls he is a huge cheat and cheats on everyone. I'm 12 weeks pregnant now he's deleted everything with me on of his Facebook all photos everywhere we've been together. Like there's no sign of me! His mum knows I'm pregnant but that's it's he's lying and saying it's not his. I feel so hurt!! I have days when I'm fine and get on with life and I'm excited for my baby and some days I just cry. How can he move on so fast and not even acknowledge our baby. I keep stalking his Facebook to see what his doing but it's hurting me even more I want to be strong! What can I do x

TheSuspiciousMsWhicher Tue 10-May-16 11:31:49

He sounds like a twat quite frankly. If he refuses to acknowledge you and your pregnancy, you cannot make him. Stop stalking him online. You're only making yourself miserable.

Once your baby is born, you can get a paternity test and pursue him for maintenance. You can't make him care about his baby though, unfortunately.

flowers Stay strong OP.

Thelittleredhead Tue 10-May-16 11:38:21

No advice I'm afraid but just wanted to sympathize. I'm 15 weeks and my ex tried desperately hard to make me have an abortion. His reasoning is mostly because he wants to be able to meet someone else and doesn't think he can. He keeps going on and on about how unfair it is, that he is "in his prime" and a good looking guy, and always meets women when he's out. I'm still in love with him and it hurts more than anything in the world that all he wants is for me to not be pregnant so that he can find someone new sad

Thelittleredhead Tue 10-May-16 11:41:51

I would say, as hard as it is, stop looking at his Facebook. Start focussing on you and your pregnancy and the exciting future you have together. He is not worth your time or your energy, put him behind you, sue for maintenance, and move onwards and upwards. Big hugs.

sophieeleanorxx Tue 10-May-16 11:45:21

Wow your ex sounds like mine he's only just given up on begging for an abortion since I sent him a photo of the scan. My ex always said its not fair all the time! i guess I'm still in love with my ex too even though he's been awful to me and treated me very badly. If I weren't carrying his baby it would be much easier to just move on.

sophieeleanorxx Tue 10-May-16 11:46:19

Thank you hugs to you too! I'm starting a new job Monday so that should take my mind of things.

LoveFromUs Tue 10-May-16 11:48:15

You and him are no longer together, you need to stop stalking him as it isn't good for your health. Once the baby is born get a DNA test done.

crocodarl Tue 10-May-16 12:05:36

This sounds so horrible. The only sensible thing you can do now is focus on yourself and your baby and look forward to the amazing future you have ahead of you. Its a shame it had to start like this but the best by far is still to come. Every time you start to think about your ex, think about the baby instead. Your baby deserves your attention, your ex really doesn't. Hopefully you have friends and family who will help you get started on the journey. Good luck, big love.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now