Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Constant cramping and lower back pain... 29 weeks

(6 Posts)
Ladyboluna Mon 09-May-16 18:40:10

It's been going on since 1700. Started with cramping and backache that occasionally seems to get worse then subside. Changing position doesn't help. Spoke to triage who advising me to ring back soon if it doesn't ease off. Very worried. Anyone else had this and been fine?

MintyBojingles Mon 09-May-16 19:14:21

I had at 22 weeks, terrified me! Spent the day in A&E getting checked (they wouldn't let me got to maternity that early), but it passed and was nothing.

Drink lots of water, rest, and if it doesn't stop, call them back & get checked over. A hot bath helped me the other times it happened.

OhIfIMust Tue 10-May-16 15:18:12

I had this, turned out to be a UTI causing it - definitely go get it checked out.

Ladyboluna Tue 10-May-16 15:35:19

Hey I went to triage they put me on monitor so definitely not early labour or anything. They said either braxton hicks or uti or could be related to my spd. Sent off a urine sample anyway to see. Not as bad today but still an ache. Had a growth scan today which came back all normal too.

whiteychappers Tue 10-May-16 16:42:53

I had similar pains at 16 and 19 weeks, turned out it was constipation after numerous hospital tests.

workplacewoe Sun 15-May-16 11:29:36

I was going to suggest constipation. Your bowel / womb / back cramps can feel very similar when pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now