Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Electric steriliser or microwave steriliser

(17 Posts)
bippitybopityboo Sun 08-May-16 15:40:19

What is best in your opinion? Which did you use?

Oysterbabe Sun 08-May-16 19:52:26

I have a microwave one and it's great. Although I'm visiting my parents soon and they don't have microwave which is annoying.

Tollygunge Sun 08-May-16 19:54:47

I love my cold water steriliser. Have microwave one and don't use

gunting Sun 08-May-16 19:56:18

I just boil my sons bottles in a pan on the hob grin

Brainnotbrawn Sun 08-May-16 19:59:37

I found the electric avent steriliser great but I also got the best microwave self sterilising bottles ever in boots which I used when I did not want to transport the steriliser. The lid of the bottle was where you put the water and chuck into the microwave for 1.5 mins and done. They were great and the avent teats fitted the bottle so no test confusion.

Marshpillow Sun 08-May-16 20:19:17

Neither - we used Milton tablets and plan to use them again with DC2.

YorkieDorkie Sun 08-May-16 20:34:08

Microwave one, not sure if it's better or not. It was £13 and not £30 smile.

littlepooch Sun 08-May-16 20:42:41

We got an electric tommee tippee one as part of a set as we didn't have a microwave. It's worked well for us.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Sun 08-May-16 20:44:46

Another vote for cold water sterilising - I had a microwave one but found it a faff and swapped to Milton, was a doddle 😊

Augustwedding Sun 08-May-16 20:47:18

Neither! Use a milton tank. So easy!

TheSuspiciousMsWhicher Sun 08-May-16 20:49:06

Cold water steriliser here too. Had an expensive electric one but ditched it in favour of water and Milton. So much easier!

Stom91 Sun 08-May-16 21:29:13

Used the tommee tippee electric one so easy to use. Doesn't take long will be using it again soon

seafoodeatit Sun 08-May-16 21:30:27

Cold water here too, the microwave one is only used for breast pump bits, I like that the cold water stuff stays sterile for quite a while unlike the steam cleaned stuff.

Junosmum Mon 09-May-16 18:08:40

Electric- can be used in hotel rooms or at people's homes who don't have microwaves. Can also be used as a cold water sterilized.

I actually breastfeed so very very rarely use it! I have a sterisac (freezer bag type thing that can be used as a microwave sterilizer) so my big bulky one isn't out all the time.

1frenchfoodie Mon 09-May-16 19:13:21

We use Milton tablets, only need 15 mins to sterilise and 1 tablet does 5 litres of water so economical. Breasfeeding though so only doing occasional bottles.

tappitytaptap Tue 10-May-16 07:31:27

I use the microwave bags you can use up to 20 times, but am breastfeeding for now so just use them for the odd express. I imagine if you are using loads of bottles they are more of a faff.

waceystills Tue 10-May-16 07:35:12

Cold water here too. I found it so much easier and no faff!

Wash bottles, leave in cold water for 15 minutes. They stay sterile for 24 hours so you only need to sterilise once a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now