Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Staying posifrickentive- Thread 9 for ladies pg after mc

(999 Posts)
sundayraspberry Sat 07-May-16 21:44:25

Right that wasn't so hard! Let's hope everyone finds us still smile

lilydaisyrose Sat 07-May-16 21:59:37

Place marking, hello!

9w tomorrow. Miscarriage last November. 2 kids age 8 & 6.

Eastend2015 Sat 07-May-16 23:05:16

Placemarking! 34 week growth scan on Monday and anxiety is returning confused

Eastend2015 Sat 07-May-16 23:06:07

Ps thanks for the new thread raspberry!

Allmychildrenhavepaws Sun 08-May-16 00:18:15

...Just letting those who haven't been back to the previous thread know that I posted a long post explaining/announcing the birth of my baby boy... Pics included! Please do have a read smile

And thank you to those who have congratulated me already xxx

chandelierswinging Sun 08-May-16 07:59:19

Just finished off the previous thread with my congrats Paws... OMG, how gorgeous is your little Samuel?!

Have we got an updated due date list anywhere?

CocklesandMussels Sun 08-May-16 08:15:37

Paws huge congratulations to you. Samuel is gorgeous and I'm glad all is well now after your birth experience smile

Northernlight22 Mon 09-May-16 09:56:19

Congrats Paws c

Eastend2015 Mon 09-May-16 11:27:36

Baby measuring 5lb4 at scan today, which is bang on average for 34 weeks but sounds huge!! That relief when you hear the heartbeart never goes confused. Waiting to see the consultant now and hoping to negotiate out of consultant led care so I can use the lovely birth centre. Fingers x'd!!!

Eastend2015 Mon 09-May-16 13:24:28

Released from consultant led care but the consultant wants us to see the head midwife just to check there are no issues on their side. Brilliant NHS bureaucracy, sigh!

mikesh909 Mon 09-May-16 14:26:31

Congratulations paws. It is so lovely to hear some happy news.

Thanks to raspberry for setting up the new thread.

I had my booking in appointment yesterday with a really nice midwife. Turns out blood tests are really nothing to be worried about after all. I'm glad that's one thing to cross off the list. She estimated that I'm approaching the 12 wk mark but I need to wait for a dating scan to confirm this.

The constant worrying is really starting to get me down. Everything from how awful a blood test would be to have I somehow contracted HIV to what would I do if I got a high risk result on the trisomy test to what excuse can I dream up for not drinking at whatever social event next presents itself. I am finding it so hard to discern between what a proper, reasonable worry is and what isn't. Does anyone have a strategy for this??

The latest thing is this low-level back pain that started sometime yesterday and hasn't gone away. It's not as severe as a period pain (not my period pains anyway) and if I wasn't constantly worrying about it, I imagine I could quite easily forget about it. It comes and goes though. No bleeding or other symptoms. What could this be? I read something that said UTI might be a possibility? I'm not having any pain passing urine though. Has anyone had something similar? Isn't it so typical that before seeing the midwife yesterday, I had not experienced any noteworthy symptom and now this new worry is here and I have no-one to ask.

Any advice / handholding appreciated. And good luck to those with scans or appointments this week.

dobbythedoggy Mon 09-May-16 20:37:58

Well I stop checking in for news on you for a couple of days paws and you only go and have a baby! Samuel is completely and utterly beautiful. Sending you a massive congratulations. Very sorry to hear you had such a time of it but glad to see he is here safe and sound. Hope your recovery is smooth and that you're enjoying lots of cuddles.

Allmychildrenhavepaws Tue 10-May-16 11:25:05

Thanks everyone...lovely to read all the congrats...im enjoying every minute of being a new mummy, even though I'm nackered wink
He really is beautiful xxx

Freya84 Tue 10-May-16 14:43:32

Hi, thought I could join this thread.
Mc just over a year ago at 8 weeks, now 4 weeks pregnant after a year of ttc and very scared and anxious that it will happen again.
My booking appointment is already booked for 4 weeks time, not sure how I'm going to cope with all the waiting!

mikesh909 Tue 10-May-16 16:53:24

Hey Freya

Welcome. My story is very similar to yours so I know exactly how you feel. I imagine your doctor / anyone you have spoken with about this has said (like mine did) that statistically you are unlikely to have any problems this time. That most pregnancies result in healthy babies. It hasn't helped me much with my default emotional response which has been worry-based.

The waiting is horrid and nothing makes it better. I coped with those weeks by not acknowledging to myself or anyone else that anything was different. I didn't even do a test. I'm not advocating that as a good response, I guess I'm just saying whatever gets you through is fine! Is your partner being supportive?

I had my booking in appointment a few days ago and the midwife was so understanding about how I feel. She called me today with reassuring results from blood tests and positive comments about my health etc. I hope you find a way to get through these next few weeks and that everything stays uneventful in your pregnancy flowers

Freya84 Tue 10-May-16 17:10:12

Thank you mikesh909. I haven't spoken to a health professional yet other than the midwife when they rang to make the booking appointment, nothing was said about anything even though I put on the form about my mc.
I am aware that it's quite likely that this pregnancy will be fine but I can't help but worry. I'm an anxious person anyway suffering with panic attacks for no apparent reason however my anxiety isn't overwhelming atm so I think I'm doing ok.
I'm doing my best to carry on as normal, but I'm so tired all the time and now I'm feeling sick from mid afternoon until I go to sleep so it's not as easy as I hoped it would be.
My husband is very supportive but we haven't told anyone other than my closest friend as my parents would worry as now I live 250 miles from them.
I'm glad your booking appointment went well, and I hope your pregnancy is uneventful and healthy flowers

mikesh909 Wed 11-May-16 17:31:31

It sounds like you're doing everything you can smile. I was also suffering horrendously with the tiredness but I feel like I've turned a corner in the last week or so. Same with the incessant need to eat. The midwife said it's normal to expect the symptoms to ease off around 12 weeks. [Not that I know that's how far along I am... it's all been a bit of guesswork so far. Dating scan two weeks today... ]. All you can do is keep going, sleep as much as possible, eat what you feel like and remember that it's not forever. Good luck!

lilydaisyrose Wed 11-May-16 21:02:41

Have to share my scan at 9w+3d today - with a lovely strong heartbeat. Over the moon. I am hoping my chances are very good now.

Eastend2015 Thu 12-May-16 00:08:07

Ahh hooray! Congratulations, so happy for you!

Freya84 Thu 12-May-16 09:46:43

lilydaisyrose, that's wonderful.

I've been bleeding slightly since yesterday morning so I'm very worried, convinced the worst is going to happen but at the same time holding onto hope as I have no cramping, still keep feeling sick and my boobs still hurt.
All I can do is wait and see and look after myself :-/

lilydaisyrose Thu 12-May-16 10:05:39

Thank you flowers

Freya - how pregnant are you?

Freya84 Thu 12-May-16 10:29:29

I'm four weeks

mikesh909 Thu 12-May-16 11:12:09

Congratulations lily. Happy news! When is your next scan?

Freya - try not to panic. There are lots of things it could be. Have you considered whether implantation bleeding is a possibility? I think it's common around the time your period would be due?

Take care of yourself flowers

lilydaisyrose Thu 12-May-16 11:25:54

Thanks Mike! My 12w NHS scan is on Mon 30/5 so just a couple of weeks away really. How are you doing?

Freya, implantation bleeding was my thought too - but at 4w, you might have to wait it out and see what happens. My thoughts are with you.

Freya84 Thu 12-May-16 11:42:38

Thanks mikesh909 and lilydaisyrose. My period was due two weeks ago so I don't think it's that. If it was implantation bleeding, shouldn't that have happened already?
There's still not a lot and it is mostly dark, so I'm hoping it's nothing. I think it is a case of wait and see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now