Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

so scared 😓

(21 Posts)
Tootsie1984 Fri 06-May-16 08:49:09

Well I found out I was pregnant 17 days ago. I had what I thought was a period but it seemed different so after it finished I took a test which was positive. I was then rushed to hospital as was having pains and they thought it might be ectopic. Had a scan but other than thickened lining they could not see anything. Took bloods which were 76. Two days later had more bloods done which had 100% doubled within 48 hours so they said that was good. Booked in for a scan today as will be 6-7 weeks. But on and off I have had spotting. Sometimes brown, red or slightly pink. Not everyday. I just know this is bad news. Part of me does not even want to go today but I know I need some answers. Pregnancy not planned but now very much wanted. I am I bits. Appointment at 10.45 😞

Twitterqueen Fri 06-May-16 08:55:36

Good luck OP. No advice or comment as I am not a medic. But here's a hand to hold and some flowers.

Tootsie1984 Fri 06-May-16 09:00:21

Thanks. Just want to get this over with now. Will be leaving about 9.45 as hospital is 40 mins drive away and parking can be a nightmare

Oysterbabe Fri 06-May-16 09:03:43

Good luck flowers

RaeSkywalker Fri 06-May-16 09:05:53

Hand hold from me too flowers

Backhometothenorth Fri 06-May-16 09:11:22

Good luck flowers

wallybantersjunkbox Fri 06-May-16 09:31:15

Good luck and a hand hold from me. flowers

wallybantersjunkbox Sat 07-May-16 09:17:51

Hope you are ok op?

Kariana Sat 07-May-16 10:00:22

Good luck! My friend had spotting all through the first trimester, now she has a healthy baby. Hope all goes well for you.

Tootsie1984 Sat 07-May-16 11:01:49

Hi all. Well yesterday went better than expected I am just under 6 weeks and there was a gestational sac and yolk which looked good. I have to go back in 2 weeks when they said we should be able to see a lot more. No bleeding was found but consultant said it was due to tiny blood vessels in the cervix I think. Bloods are really good. Wish I could have seen heartbeat etc but I am feeling better than I did. Thanks for all your support

Backhometothenorth Sat 07-May-16 11:13:36

So glad you got good news yesterday. I have been through this too and know the waiting is tough but stay positive! Looking forward to more good news in a couple of weeks flowers

RaeSkywalker Sat 07-May-16 11:37:56

Brilliant news Tootsie!

Sgoinneal Sat 07-May-16 11:38:52

So pleased. That's really great.

Twitterqueen Sun 08-May-16 18:25:45

Great news! Very exciting. I hope all goes well for you

Tootsie1984 Sun 08-May-16 19:26:07

Still hard to stay positive as still having brown discharge when I wipe. Thinking of going back to work tomorrow. Consultant said I could as long as no heavy lifting. Just think being at home is making it worse as have more time to think about it all. Just keep thinking it is all going to go wrong. And google is not good 😔

GruffaloPants Sun 08-May-16 19:33:25

Stop googling! I had similar early on in my pregnancy with now 4yo DD. Concentrate on the facts - everything good scan and bloods wise, consultant had an explanation for the bleeding.

Queenie73 Sun 08-May-16 19:41:26

OP, I had exactly this when I was pregnant, with every pregnancy except the last one (I have four children). It was horrible and I was terrified of going to the toilet!

I have also had several miscarriages, but they were totally different (the main difference was the ones I lost started with terrible cramping pains)- the main thing is to remember that today you are okay and your baby is where it should be. Try not to dwell too much and remember to notice and enjoy the pregnancy changes as you become aware of them. It helps to hang on to these positive things.

Good luck, I really hope it all goes well for you.

TheTravellingLemon Sun 08-May-16 19:41:48

I had spotting from 9ish weeks. I was petrified, but I'm currently sitting in bed with my lovely DD. It's not necessarily bad news. flowers

wallybantersjunkbox Sun 08-May-16 21:59:04

I had brown spotting for weeks and woke up at 9 weeks with fresh blood on the bed, I was terrified.,straight in for a scan.

I still remember the relief at seeing that little bean on the scan with the pulse going through it.

I think they surmised it was a blood clot.

DS is 11 now.

Think positive thoughts, it's hard I know.

YorkieDorkie Sun 08-May-16 22:16:40

Fantastic smile now just have a few days resting and look after yourself. flowerschocolate

mummydoc123 Mon 09-May-16 19:35:10

I had very similar in early pregnancy. Now 20 weeks. Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now