Talk

Advanced search

Gender maker - which colour do you see ?

(10 Posts)
gabrielle1201 Fri 06-May-16 04:41:10

So I am 14 weeks and I tried the gender maker test just for fun, thought why not just guess until the 20 week scan approaches. So I don't know what colour it actually is. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.! Thanks!

icklekid Fri 06-May-16 05:36:48

I have no idea what this is (never heard of it!) But from the pic it looks more girl than boy!

Oysterbabe Fri 06-May-16 07:22:09

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2583803/Advert-DIY-gender-prediction-test-promising-tell-sex-baby-just-six-weeks-banned-cant.html

cheekstime Fri 06-May-16 08:57:35

wow that's nuts, never heard of that before, me take a look. Your result...it's clearly a girl? from the result no?

NeedACleverNN Fri 06-May-16 08:59:31

That result looks like a girl.

But as long as you realise that it might not be accurate there's no harm in a bit of fun

bumblebee86 Sat 07-May-16 00:15:10

I've never heard of this? Are they very accurate?

gabrielle1201 Sat 07-May-16 09:32:56

It's not accurate, although it says it is. It's merely for fun as you probably know you can't tell the sex through urine unless it is brought a professional lab and done properly and not by peeing on a stick. However, they do say if they r wrong they give a refund so I shall enquiry into that also if it is not a girl.

scaevola Sat 07-May-16 09:51:02

You can determine biological sex by chromosome analysis. That requires invasive testing or lab analysis of maternal blood.

The tests are banned, not because they're twee and stereotype babies by colour before they're even born, but because they don't do what they claim to and therefore fall foul of various ASA and Trading Standards regulations.

And you could piss in any receptacle, flip a coin into it and see which way up it landed. The odds of it being correct are exactly the same as using this sort of test.

AuntieStella Sat 07-May-16 09:52:57

"However, they do say if they r wrong they give a refund so I shall enquiry into that also if it is not a girl."

Scam.

They probably will refund readily, because most people won't actually bother to ask for a refund, and they'll want to keep the scam going for as long as possible.

Mellieboo Sat 07-May-16 23:58:24

In my case I bought 2 tests in case I ruined one - it was a waste of money, twice it told me that it was a girl and when we got to the 20 week scan you could clearly see that it was a boy.
I should have bought myself a nice treat instead of this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now