Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hard bauble inside top of breast?

(9 Posts)
janenoble Wed 04-May-16 18:14:57

Has anyone else experienced it. It's fairly tender, and i'm wondering if it is something i should be concerned about.

LadyMonicaBaddingham Wed 04-May-16 18:19:28

Doctor. Tomorrow. Can't ever be too careful with your boobs.

janenoble Wed 04-May-16 18:20:50

I will. first thing in the morning i will phone the doctor. I'm considering going to an out of hour doctor at the hospital but i think that might just be a little bit dramatic of me lol. Sometimes it can take weeks to get into my doctor.

hopeful31yrs Wed 04-May-16 20:21:51

Not necessary for Out of hours doctor - they won't do anything but tell you to present to your GP. However you must insist that you are seen at your GP surgery. Remember the receptionists don't have medical qualifications - therefore you need to state yourself how urgent you feel it is.

As prev poster says - look after your boobs.

thenewaveragebear1983 Wed 04-May-16 20:28:10

Ooooh does it feel like a hard ouchy marble? Possibly a blocked duct, they can become mastitis but mine never did, they just got really painful. Position baby in different places on the breast at feeds, ie rugby hold, cradle hold etc, and gently massage during feed or in the shower, to allow him/her to help the blockage to move but definitely see the doctor tomorrow especially if you get flu symptoms or chills. I found I had recurrent blocks in certain areas of one breast repeatedly, ds had tongue tie and he just couldn't seem to drain that particular area.

thenewaveragebear1983 Wed 04-May-16 20:29:19

Oh and I found the phrase 'I am finding it virtually impossible to feed my newborn baby' helped with receptionists and appointments!

janenoble Wed 04-May-16 20:49:10

Lol, oh dear! I feel for you! I don't actually have a suckling child, I'm in early stages of pregnancy, so I think my alarm might just be caused by swollen tender boobs! Thankyou though ladies for being so kind I appreciate it as its my first pregnancy

thenewaveragebear1983 Wed 04-May-16 20:50:29

Oh sorry, misread your post! I would still speak to the doctor / midwife though

LillyBugg Wed 04-May-16 20:52:33

This happened to me in early pregnancy. I was examined by a doctor and it was concluded that it was most likely breast tissue changes due to pregnancy and milk production. It disappeared once the early crazy breastfeeding days were over and my boobs were more settled. Definitely best to get it checked though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now