Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

possible ectopic hcg low with loss of symptoms

(4 Posts)
TheTeaFiend Tue 03-May-16 13:48:46

After finding out we were expecting and getting a + test and digital saying 1-2 weeks nearly 2 weeks ago I have had the most excruciating wait to see if our little bean is ok or not. 6 days ago I suddenly no longer felt nauseous and smells were no longer bothering me followed by a small amount of peachy discharge (tmi) blush so was sent to a&e where my hcg was measured at 131 which I am told that was low and I was examined and told my cervix was definitely closed and to see what my repeated bloods come up with. Fast forward 6 days and I've had a little brown discharge for the past 2 days and my last two hcg bloods have come up at 136 and another 48 hours later 136 again. 2 days ago my early scan showed my uterus was empty. I'm left in limbo waiting for something to change. Anyone had any experience of hcg staying the same then starting to double so early on in pregnancy? I put my dates at about 4 or 5 weeks. I think in my heart I'm fully expecting miscarriage but holding on to that tiny bit of hope that the bean is ok and just taking its time.

Minispringroll Tue 03-May-16 19:04:11

Sorry to hear that you are having this happening, but it doesn't sound terribly good. flowers wine You might be lucky and are just really early still. (If you got your BFP 2 weeks ago, how can you be 4 or 5 weeks now? That would be a really early result...)
With my first ectopic, levels were equally low. They dropped really slowly and they took several weeks to go low enough for the EPU to stop worrying about me. The ectopic resolved itself. I didn't have much bleeding (mostly spotting) and no pain whatsoever. That was at 5 weeks.
With the second one, levels were much higher (although I still said to the consultant that they were too low for how far along I should have been..he'd tried to reassure me, but I knew there was little hope) and didn't drop until after it had been surgically removed. I had one short burst of pain, which made me see my GP and led to referral to the EPU. No bleeding or spotting whatsoever.

I'm 8+2 now,...no bleeding, spotting or pain. They found the baby in the right place and with a heartbeat at 6+2.
Good luck and fingers crossed.

TheTeaFiend Tue 03-May-16 22:03:13

Aww congrats how lovely and such a relief when you see the little heat beating I hoped the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly. smileflowers
I'm going off conception there and what the clear blue digital said as unsure of my LMP in a two week window. I'm due to go back for a scan tomorrow morning but I do think like you say it doesn't look good. I'm just hoping it's not ectopic and tomorrow my bloods are either up a huge amount or they drop then at least I know. The uncertainty is the worst. I feel like in my heart of hearts I've lost the baby and am waiting for my body to get the memo and miscarry. With your first did your body resolve it quite quickly and was it picked up in your tube on a scan? Nothing was showing on my internal scan on Saturday not that I expected it too with such a low hcg result.

Minispringroll Wed 04-May-16 18:49:14

I hope your scan went ok and they've been able to figure out what's going on.
With mine, my body resolved it quite quickly, but the levels stayed up for quite a while. We had a very boozy wedding abroad (ours) about two weeks after my ectopic and the levels were low enough by the time we got back home. They hadn't been able to see anything on the scan at all. There was nothing visible in the tubes and they had started off calling it a "pregnancy of unknown location" to begin with. I kept spotting for several weeks, but nothing major at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now