Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Quite gross, probably TMI - Bleeding 14 weeks

(15 Posts)
Chocoholicmonster Mon 02-May-16 22:19:04

I appreciate this has probably been asked so many times previously.

I'm currently just over 14 weeks pregnant. I've been bleeding lightly for the majority of my pregnancy. Had a couple ''heavier'' bleeds - Had a couple early emergency scans & each time they have been fine but they still don't know where the blood has come from.

I had my official '12 week' scan on Thursday & the baby is doing so well, developing nicely, fairly active & again no sign of bleeding around the baby.

Tonight I felt a ''trickle'' which feels like I'm weeing myself. Went to toilet & wiped & there was a large grape sized dark red bloody clot / lump. Within half an hour I'd filled the pad with fresh red blood & went to toilet again while changing my pad & there was some more clots / lumps but smaller than the first.

I feel like because I've had bleeding & then checks afterwards & each time everything has been ok, that if I was to ring the hospital, EPU or midwife I'm wasting their time.

I suppose I'm just writing here for a) WWUD? & b) reassurance that this has happened to others & they have ended up with a perfect, healthy baby at the end of it.

I'm going to drive myself absolutely crazy (& I know, stress isn't good for the baby) with worry if this continues, especially not knowing where it's coming from. Would also like to add, my work have been great & have put me on light duties so I'm not heavy lifting or over doing anything - nor at home as my DP has been brilliant. So I am resting & taking things easy as much as I can without sitting on my arse for the next 5 1/2 months.

searchingfortheanswer Mon 02-May-16 22:23:00

Hi
Didn't want to read and run.. I have not had experience of this in my pregnancies but I would definitely get it checked out. I would call your midwife / EPU as soon as you can.
Hope all is well x

hopeful31yrs Mon 02-May-16 22:23:59

You need to do the best by yourself and baby and if that's going in every time you have a bleed then you must - don't feel guilty for that.

Secondarily - it's unusual to not have found anything. I had a subchorionic haemorrhage diagnosed at 8 weeks (now 11 weeks) and had a fair bit of bleeding. I know this can continue as you've stated.

I would get checked out - you need the reassurance as stress won't make the situation any better.

Celticlassie Mon 02-May-16 22:26:53

I would definitely get checked. Phone NHS24 (or whatever they're called now) or go to A&E.

Chocoholicmonster Mon 02-May-16 22:27:10

Thank you both. I changed my pad half an hour ago - I'll check it again at 11 & if it's still quite heavy I'll ring the hospital. They are going to be so sick of seeing me sad

Just incase it matters (If anyone else does decide to post) I haven't had any cramping - mild or otherwise.

VimFuego101 Mon 02-May-16 22:29:34

Go and get checked out. I had this several times with DS (bleeding similar to a period), they never really nailed down what caused it - they thought maybe an irritated cervix or a UTI - but DS was fine.

NeedAGrip Mon 02-May-16 22:33:48

I have no experience of this, but I would get this checked out. Please don't worry about wasting the hospital's time.

Afreshstartplease Mon 02-May-16 22:35:08

Get checked out op

daisydalrymple Mon 02-May-16 22:38:03

Hope all is well and you get the reassurance you need x

Chocoholicmonster Mon 02-May-16 22:45:10

Thank you all. I know realistically phoning the hospital or EPU is what I need/ed to do but yep, as I said before I just feel I'm wasting their time. Most the hospital staff I've encountered have been wonderful but the odd one or two (who usually seem to be on when I go there) have been a bit off-ish. Telling me it's just normal & I don't need to feel like I have to go there every time there's some spotting. The last time I went (admitted via A&E) I was told that even if something was happening there's nothing they can do (same woman I've seen before) - I understand that may by the case but it's not really what you want or need to hear. Perhaps she just has a no nonsense approach to these situations.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble - thank you again xx

mineofuselessinformation Mon 02-May-16 22:45:55

It's absolutely not wasting their time to go and get checked each time you have a bleed - and any HCP who might suggest differently shouldn't be doing the job,

mineofuselessinformation Mon 02-May-16 22:47:09

X-posts.
Message is still the same. And report anyone who makes you feel differently, after you get checked.

Celticlassie Mon 02-May-16 22:50:19

This is not the spotting you've been used to though, this is different, and for that reason worth checking.

HP07 Tue 03-May-16 09:47:05

I am in a very similar situation to you and have had red spotting throughout my pregnancy so far (20 weeks) I have been told to phone every time, partly because I'm rhesus negative and need anti d but also because they want to listen in with the doppler and check the baby is doing ok. They also said to me I must must must come if it is heavy bleeding and filling a pad. They actually said to go straight to the hospital and call en route if it is filling up a pad or more. I think you should get yourself checked out if you haven't already. Hopefully everything is fine but it's best to make sure. Good luck.

Chocoholicmonster Fri 06-May-16 10:39:14

Thank you all again for your words of advice - baby is doing fine but still no sign of where the bleeding may be coming from x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now