Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone had a scan at 5+6 or 6 weeks and seen nothing but gone on to have a good pregnancy?

(5 Posts)
MummyTheGregor Mon 02-May-16 11:25:37

had some bleeding so been to hospital for a scan, didn't show anything, Dr would have expected to see a sac or more given the dates.... got to do a test in a week and if its still positive go back for a scan but seems v unlikely....
anyone experienced similar?

Andysgirl15 Mon 02-May-16 12:42:43

I'm not in the same position but I want to wish you good luck. Me and oh had a private scan done the other day at 5w5d and we saw a yolk sac and a tiny baby with a heartbeat. But we were lucky in that respect people don't generally see anything until 6-7 weeks as baby is really tiny. Was it and abdominal or transvaginal scan

MummyTheGregor Mon 02-May-16 16:38:23

Thanks Andys - thats kind of you.
It was transvaginal.... she struggled to find my uterus tho, then there was a tiny area slightly bulging away from the womb lining which could be a tiny bean of about 3 or 4 weeks but the dates dont really match up with that - we've not had that much sex even so the times when I could have conceived put us at 6 weeks.... saw ds2 on private scan at 6+2weeks and was quite a clear bean sac and heartbeat whereas this was different.....

Princesspinkgirl Tue 03-May-16 19:06:15

Sorry no advice had a scan 5+5 trans vag saw baby with heart beating hopefully you get answer's soon early scans are tricky

lightcola Tue 03-May-16 20:47:40

We didn't see anything at 5 weeks but at 7 weeks the heart beat was very clear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now