Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

have I miscarried?

(6 Posts)
CinderellaFant Mon 02-May-16 09:15:52

Hi all. Period was due on Wednesday. Took a test and very faint positive. Took another the following day and still very faint but definitely there. Saturday night I started spotting brown blood. Wasn't too worried as i know it can be common. Woke up on Sunday morning and blood was bright red and heavier, however not as heavy as my period normally is. Stopped for a while yesterday afternoon then started again last night. Still not very heavy- I'm wearing a pad but there's not much on it, only when I wipe. But I'm having horrendous cramps- like period pain but worse.

Not looking good is it? sad

smellsofelderberries Mon 02-May-16 09:52:31

It doesn't sound good I'm afraid. I would take another pregnancy test in a few days and if you're still getting +s then get yourself to the Dr for blood work as you don't want to run the risk of an ectopic. Otherwise just mooch on the sofa today with a rom-com, and some chocolate and ice cream I say flowers

CinderellaFant Mon 02-May-16 18:20:47

Thanks smells. Bleeding a lot heavier now, life's cruel at times sad

Iwonderif Mon 02-May-16 20:07:54

So very sorry. It's so disheartening isn't it?

I too had a faint positive & then bleeding 12 hours later. It was my longest cycle ever and even though the bleeding wasn't much more than a normal period the cramps were really awful & woke me in the night which is something that never happens to me.

I think I had a chemical pregnancy.

Big hugs OP

Zoomtothespoon Mon 02-May-16 20:17:01

Similar happened to me in January. Very faint positive lines for a few days in a row then full blown heavy bleeding and my skin absolutely exploded with spots as well. It wasn't very nice. I got my next BFP in March and am around 12 weeks now (scan on the 9th!)

Have a relaxing few days xx

Iwonderif Mon 02-May-16 20:26:10

Funnily enough Zoomtothespoon my skin exploded too. Now calmed down slightly as AF finished two days ago. Congrats to you on your BFP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now