Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby dropping pain?

(4 Posts)
Olishi Sun 01-May-16 20:09:33

Hello. I am quite sure my baby has started dropping. He's been head down and low according to my midwife since about 29 weeks. Yesterday someone commented on my belly, saying she thought I looked liked I'd dropped.

Today I've had awful pain, aches and stiffness in my lower back, hips, abdomen and between my groin and thighs. I don't remember this much discomfort with my first baby. Did anyone else get this much discomfort? I just had a bath to try and ease it, I could only just lower myself in! I couldn't get comfortable either, it just made my bum and back ache more!

Archer26 Sun 01-May-16 20:26:48

Yes I did. Exactly a week before he arrived. I had been walking stuns normally, enjoying my maternity leave and then during a 5 minute walk to the post office with my DM I felt something shift. I was immediately in pain when walking and got terrible stitch. I had to sit on a neighbours front step whilst my DM fetched the car.

From then I had constant back ache and hip pain and pressure down there. I was amazed I could feel so different so quickly.

flowers to you.

Olishi Sun 01-May-16 20:33:23

Oh dear, I've still got two months to go and a toddler to look after.

Being pregnant was a lot easier the first when I was home alone all day on the sofa!

Dixiechick17 Sun 01-May-16 20:54:55

I was uncomfortable from around 30 weeks and was signed off at 32 weeks because DD was engaged. thought something had changed as my bump had also dropped, she had also always been low anyway. I was signed off due to a weak cervix, so not the same, but I went to 40+5. Hopefully all will be fine with you, if the pain continues I would speak to a midwife.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now