Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help needed for infant observation

(6 Posts)
ttran05 Thu 28-Apr-16 11:57:22

Hi all,

I'm currently studying for an MSc in Psychodynamics of Human Development with the British Psychotherapy Foundation. As part of this course, I'm required to conduct an infant observation for a period of up to 2 years.

What stage of birth?

Ideally, I'd met you while you are pregnant, discuss times and what would be suitable for you, and go through your expectations and any concerns you may have.

If you're willing to take part, we'll set a time as close as you feel comfortable after birth. I'd come at a similar time each week for just an hour. There is no need to do anything for me, you would just carry on with your day and I would simply observe the baby.

How long will it go on for?

Infant observations typically cover up to 2 years of a child's life, and the course requires at least 15 months of observations. So I'll need you to be sure you'd be happy and able to commit to this. i.e. that you have no immediate plans to move country during this period etc. Of course holidays are expected, and we would arrange observations around this or simply take breaks during this time.

What area(s) are you interested?

I'm looking for is a family in London, preferably West London, or commutable from the Waterloo to Addlestone /Weybridge line or South Ealing tube station, but I'm very flexible and willing to commute further.

When do you need to start observations?

I'm ready to begin once I've found a suitable and stable family, who are interested in taking part and understand the commitment involved.

A bit about me:

I am 32 years old female, living in London with my partner. I am extremely approachable, friendly and considerate individual. I have been an aunt since I was 15, and am very comfortable with young children, having 2 nieces and 4 nephews.

I currently work for a national charity in London but am planning to train as an adult psychotherapist after the course. I've just graduated from the Open University last year and hold a cleared enhanced DBS certificate (specifically undertaken for this infant observation).

If you're interested, or have any questions, please get in touch.

Best,
Tophuong

Growingbeanno2 Thu 28-Apr-16 16:02:59

Hey, not sure if I'm too far out as 1.10hrs on train from Waterloo but I'd be interested. Due in December

ThinkPinkStink Thu 28-Apr-16 16:46:49

I'm also interested, but would love to know more, probably having a phone conversation with you - and then discuss it with my DH.

We're based in South West London. Both 36, first child, due 7 October.

ttran05 Fri 29-Apr-16 11:12:43

Thank you both for expressing an interest in this. I've sent you each a private message, and we can take it from there.

ttran05 Fri 29-Apr-16 11:31:56

If anyone else is also interested, please feel free to get in touch. Especially if you're closer in due date.

ttran05 Tue 03-May-16 21:34:32

I'm still looking for a suitable family, so if you're interested or have any questions please do ask.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now