Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Where is my pregnancy glow!

(19 Posts)
Olishi Thu 28-Apr-16 11:00:23

I feel somewhat cheated as in neither pregnancy have I had 'the glow'. In fact, in my first I was told I looked incredibly ill and at the moment I have circles under my eyes and pale, sallow skin.

No spots this time though. So that's a plus I guess.

Does this magic glow actually exist? sad

NeedACleverNN Thu 28-Apr-16 11:02:48

Quote from friends

Phoebe: Being pregnant is hard on your tummy.
Joey: Hey, but at least you got that cool, pregnant lady glow.
Phoebe: That's sweat. You throw up all morning, you'll have that glow, too.

I didn't get that glow either btw

RaeSkywalker Thu 28-Apr-16 11:05:13

I'm glowing! Currently sporting a lovely green hue. Occasionally I go grey. It's a real treat grin

missybct Thu 28-Apr-16 11:32:42

Ha, I hear you. I don't think I've glowed - my skin is awful, my hair alternates between strawery and so oily you could fry and egg off it, and I'm a bloody nightmare to be around grin

GinaBambino Thu 28-Apr-16 11:40:09

No glow here! DP says I look more beautiful than ever (suck-up) but I feel manky, oily skin and spotty. The only good thing is my hair has stopped malting like I'm a bloody dog.

GinnyHendricks Thu 28-Apr-16 11:41:33

Me neither, my normally clear skin is erupting like a teenagers at the moment. sad

SockQueen Thu 28-Apr-16 12:02:21

I got sunburnt yesterday so am glowing for the wrong reasons. Overall though, if anything my skin feels worse than it normally does - really dry and blotchy.

HD18 Thu 28-Apr-16 15:15:55

No glow here either. Haven't had any spots which is a plus but definitely no "glow". I didn't get the nice thick hair and strong nails part either so I definitely lucked out in that area hmm

Growingbeanno2 Thu 28-Apr-16 15:50:59

No sign with my first and definitely not any now!

ThinkPinkStink Thu 28-Apr-16 16:48:04

My nails are looking reasonable - aside from that, nada (17ish weeks).

Dollface136 Thu 28-Apr-16 17:53:08

No glow here either. Although people keep saying "you look lovely" and "don't you look well". I think it's just something they say because it seems the nicest thing to say when confronted with a friend who once looked ok and now looks like Princess Fiona in full ogre mode. I am doubting the glow exists for anyone unless you have a team of stylists and nutritionists on hand.

shelbTa Thu 28-Apr-16 17:54:14

Same here - I look like shit. Thinning hair, bloated face, gassy, pale, bumpy nips the size of flying saucers. OH won't touch me as he 'doesn't want to hurt the baby' - code for "yeah you look like shit".

X

ThinkPinkStink Thu 28-Apr-16 17:59:11

Maybe 'glow' is a euphemism for 'bit fat' in which case I'm glowing hard!

FifiRebel Thu 28-Apr-16 19:47:52

No glow here at 27 weeks. I've gone from horrendously spotty to extremely dry skin. I think I prefer latter. I've also noticed that my hair is getting greasy really quickly the last few weeks?! hmm

sepa Thu 28-Apr-16 19:49:14

Hate to break it to you but I'm still waiting for my glow and DC is 8 weeks old grin

Olishi Sun 01-May-16 20:04:24

It seems the glow is but a mere myth sad

MrsZumbaDancer Sun 01-May-16 20:35:49

No glow here either! Dry flaky skin in my face and a have the thick hair but on top of my already incredibly thick hair its unmanageable and like straw!

Buttwing Sun 01-May-16 22:08:57

I've had 4 doc and never had the glow! As others have said a bit green or at best pregnancy grey. Hmm that actually sounds like a paint colour "pregnancy grey" I might do my hall in itgrin

happychick123 Mon 02-May-16 07:40:26

I was told on Saturday by family and friends that I am glowing, my hair is shiny and thick and my skin is a nice pink but I don't know if they are just being nice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now