Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How soon did you get a BFP

(18 Posts)
RedHead02 Wed 27-Apr-16 21:04:44

I have been TTC for nearly a year now due to PCOS and I'm due to start clomid in about 2 weeks after DH has his sperm test.

I had a period (miracle) at the end of March and am pretty sure I ovulated. Anyway, I had cramping last week and very light pink spotting earlier this week. Suddenly I am exhausted at about 4pm onwards, have a 90 min sleep blush for the past 3 days in a row. Based on a pg app, I'd be exactly 4 weeks today but pg tests are negative so far. It's difficult for me to estimate when I'll be late as my periods are extremely irregular. I must admit that I probably regularly look for pg symptoms which aren't there. How soon did you test positive? Surely I should by now if I am in fact pg?

00100001 Wed 27-Apr-16 21:06:59

Been 1 year so far and nada.

Definitely doing everything right, just got to wait for our turn smile

Will go to doctors for tests in a few months probably as I'm 34

RedHead02 Wed 27-Apr-16 21:12:58

Wishing you all the best, it's exhausting isn't it!

RedHead02 Wed 27-Apr-16 21:15:19

Just to add, if you don't mind - get to the doctors ASAP. We were referred in Jan and due to various tests (ultimately I'll receive clomid shortly) it takes forever. The earliest sperm test appt was 2 months away by the time I'd had my appointment so id get the ball rolling without delay if I were you.

00100001 Thu 28-Apr-16 08:14:04

I was just thinking that I should make the initial appt now as it normally takes 2-3 weeks just to see a doctor smile

LolaStarr Thu 28-Apr-16 08:23:02

I got my BFP 10dpo. If your periods are irregular you could have ovulated later than you thought and that's why you're getting negatives. Give it a few days and try again

chelle792 Thu 28-Apr-16 08:25:07

What test are you using? I've had frustrating results with ic's but just had a bfp with a pink one from Superdrug.

Plus, last time round, my hcg levels were pretty low so a bfp took about an extra week to show properly

namechangedtoday15 Thu 28-Apr-16 08:32:56

Day 24 of my cycle but I knew that I had relatively short cycles (26/27 days).

Cycle 10 of trying.

RD82 Thu 28-Apr-16 09:08:28

I got my BFP on the day my period was due, so roughly 14/15 dpo. I got a strong definite line at that point but everyone is different. It was our 3rd month trying and I'm 33.

The only symptom I had was sore boobs until I hit 6 weeks, then loads more symptoms kicked in.

Best of luck, will be your turn soon I'm sure x

riddles26 Thu 28-Apr-16 10:44:31

Both times I did not test until after my period was due so also 15dpo. Do you have any idea when you ovulated? I would aim for more than 2 weeks after that for testing. If you really aren't sure and still having symptoms, maybe ask GP for blood test in a week or just before you start Clomid.

In terms of symptoms I had sore boobs and increased urination from week 5 the first time. Nausea never developed and I unfortunately mc that pregnancy before it could. The second time, I had slightly increased urination and nothing else until after 6 weeks. Nausea started a little at 7 weeks and is still going strong at 14!

KayTee87 Thu 28-Apr-16 12:31:25

I got a faint positive 1 or 2 days before period was due I think it was 10 dpo. Best of luck!

KayTee87 Thu 28-Apr-16 12:32:30

Oh and the day before I tested I had a blinder of a headache and felt yucky enough to cancel a night out with a friend.

Hushabyelullaby Thu 28-Apr-16 12:38:59

I hadn't even missed a period, I got a feint BFP at 3+4. We'd been trying for a year, and I did 8 pg tests in total. Each one showing more of a line. I did these between 3+4 and 5 weeks.

Good luck OP wishing you all the best thanks

RedHead02 Thu 28-Apr-16 16:55:12

Thanks so much everyone

seafoodeatit Thu 28-Apr-16 17:37:30

Just over 4 years, clomid didn't work for me and neither did tamoxifen. What worked in the end was ovarian drilling and clomid, I'm now 31 weeks pregnant! I hope you get your bfp soon!

Princesspinkgirl Thu 28-Apr-16 18:36:18

Got my bfp 3 days strong before AF

Twinklelittlestar1 Thu 28-Apr-16 18:46:41

Negative tests until day period was due (but on early tests I never used the morning sample)

smellsofelderberries Thu 28-Apr-16 20:15:53

Whisper of a line at 13DPO and a proper line at 14DPO. I knew something was up though as I have a short luteal phase and usually start my period at 11DPO!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now