Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

baby measuring small

(6 Posts)
danielleg2801 Tue 26-Apr-16 19:22:16

Hi,

Just wanted a bit of advice.. I am 28+3 weeks pregnant. At my 25 week mw app my bump measured small so I was sent for a growth scan which turned out my baby was measuring small also for dates, they then referred me to fetal medicine unit and I have got a scan with them on Thursday (28/4/16) but today I had another mw app ( my 28 week app) and she said my bump is still measuring the exact same as it was at 25 weeks. sad this has got me really worried.

Has anyone else had similar experiences or can anyone say anything to put my mind at rest!?

Thanks
X

SmileAndNod Tue 26-Apr-16 19:28:47

I was measuring about six weeks behind and towards the end (34 wks) I was referred for weekly growth and doppler scans. They warned me that the baby would be about 4lbs, could have trouble with their kidneys and bladder (I had very low fluid too) and that I should expect a stay in nicu. As it was, Dd was born at 39 wks and was 5.13 with a perfect apgar of 10. So not that tiny at all - other Dd was 5. 12, Ds 6. 7. I just don't make huge babies!

The best thing is that they are keeping an eye on you and monitoring everything. I know it's hard but try not to worry flowers

danielleg2801 Tue 26-Apr-16 19:43:05

Ah that's good to hear then. Yeah I can't imagine I could make big babies by the size of me. I'm naturally really slim and always have be. Just worrying, especially being my first. Did you get induced or just go naturally early ?

Xx

HaPPy8 Tue 26-Apr-16 19:45:34

Do you feel that your bump has grown? Is baby moving normally?

SmileAndNod Tue 26-Apr-16 19:51:48

Yes, spontaneous labour at 39 weeks but emergency section as she was breech (I knew she was and would be having a section the week after so that bit wasn't a surprise. She was my third. Ds was 6.7 @ 40weeks vb, dd1 was 5.12 @ 38 weeks (planned section). As well as making small babies I also liked to make upside down breech onesgrin

danielleg2801 Tue 26-Apr-16 22:26:18

Yes happy8 and all my family and friends have commented saying how much they think I've grown in the past couple of weeks. Baby is really active which is a good sign ! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now