Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First period after medically managed miscarriage

(3 Posts)
NTM12 Mon 25-Apr-16 20:07:24

I had a medically managed miscarriage 8 weeks ago. After being given the pills I had very bad cramping and really heavy bleeding - it seemed that everything had come out. I continued light bleeding for about 2 weeks after this but since this nothing - I'm waiting for a period so we can start trying again.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of this - is it normal to be waiting this long for a period, could something be wrong? If I go to the doctors is there anything they can do?

novemberchild Mon 25-Apr-16 20:25:25

I used an ovulation test and became pg before my next period. You don't have to wait unless you want to.

Heirhelp Mon 25-Apr-16 20:45:01

I had medical management last year. I was bleeding for over 12 weeks in total, most before the medical management. My period took a while to return but I had to have a non related emergency operation and was poorly around this time.

You don't need to wait for period to start TTC but is helpful for dates. My first period after miscarriage really upset me and quiet heavy.

I am sorry for your loss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now