Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

All day headache

(3 Posts)
Colabottle10 Mon 25-Apr-16 19:19:15

I suffered severe migraines before pregnancy which stopped once pregnant. I've had the odd headache here and there but paracetamol would get rid.

Today I woke up after not sleeping well with a headache which has got worse during the day. Sleep and paracetamol haven't shifted it.

Have called midwife and left a message but can't stop worrying. I'm 23+6

untinctured Tue 26-Apr-16 11:37:28

Do you have any other symptoms? I don't want to scare you but it might be pre-eclampsia. If you can't get through to a midwife you should contact your GP surgery or NHS 111.

Euripidesralph Tue 26-Apr-16 11:45:53

It's really important to get it checked have you got a maternity care unit in the hospital? Ring them to check they are there for these things after 18 weeks usually they can monitor you and the baby to check all is well

Having said that I want to maybe put your mind at rest I had hellp syndrome which is a form of pre eclampsia and you would definately know the headache.... I was quite literally screaming in pain.... its like being hit in the head with a brick.... Other symptoms are increased blood pressure and swelling so unless you have those you are probably not going down that road

but

Don't risk it get checked out I just wanted to perhaps reduce your anxiety , chances are it's one of the fun parts of the pregnancy rollercoaster

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now