Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What can I take for a cough? Think I might cough baby out! :-)

(5 Posts)
bessie84 Mon 25-Apr-16 08:02:50

29+1

Arrgghh, COUGH COUGH COUGH.

Starting to hurt my already poor stomach muscles. Worse on a night.

What the blooming heck can I take / do? Tips / Help

x

skankingpiglet Mon 25-Apr-16 10:17:35

Not a lot unfortunately. I'm susceptible to coughs at the best of times and have had a couple in both pregnancies. You can take 'simple syrup' which helps if you've coughed yourself hoarse, and steam with menthol helps clear the airways if it's chesty/mucousy. You can have paracetamol to ease any related aches and pains. When you say it's worse at night, do you mean when you lie down? In which case can you sleep propped up?

I got a cough last time so bad it felt like I'd popped a rib. This time I discovered my pelvic floor clearly isn't what it once was... Each cough brought with it a wee roulette blush

bessie84 Mon 25-Apr-16 10:55:24

hahaha shaking that made me giggle about the pelvic floor. :-)

will try the steam with menthol, its one of them tickly annoying coughs (bit chesty) that you have to cough right from the bottom of your feet right to the top, just to get some relief, yes, worse when i lay down.

Thank you for replying, will try :-)

malvinandhobbes Mon 25-Apr-16 11:17:03

I had bronchitis in one of my pregnancies and was prescribed salbulterol. It worked great. Your GP may be able to help.

(this was around 39 weeks and there was some anxiety about me going into labour with bronchitis, so it is possible that the inhaler was an exceptional measure)

Rh1annon Mon 25-Apr-16 11:18:58

Try pineapple juice it helped me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now