Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Very ill- can not eat! HELP:(

(6 Posts)
nisi297 Fri 22-Apr-16 15:28:13

Hi, I'm 27 weeks pregnant now and these past few days I've been suffering with really bad headaches, dizziness, faintness which is partly down to the fact I can't seem to eat. I take one mouthful of something and feel sick and if I do force myself to eat I end up throwing it up later on. I've been drinking plenty of water which is the only thing I can seem to keep down easily. Does anyone have any tips? I have tried to call my GP but they have been fully booked all week. I have also been taking my multi-vitamins every day.
I'm just worried as I want to make sure my baby is getting everything she needs from me?

londonrach Fri 22-Apr-16 17:33:21

Can you call your midwife?

AppleAndBlackberry Fri 22-Apr-16 17:40:10

My midwife said I should only start to be concerned if I couldn't keep down water. That was at 8 weeks when I was not keeping much food down at all, luckily mine had subsided by about 14 weeks. My only tip is to eat constantly, that seemed to stave off the nausea a bit for me.

FellOutOfBedTwice Fri 22-Apr-16 17:43:17

I'm 20 weeks and similar. Complan has been keeping me going this week. Might that help?

mrsdoughnut Fri 22-Apr-16 17:58:48

Try smoothies, milkshakes, complan is a good suggestion. Baby will be fine as will take everything from you...so you will feel extra specially shit.
Also try lucozade.

Are you able to just turn up at your GP for an emergency appointment so they can check your urine make sure you aren't dehydrated.

Failing that just call midwife or pop to triage and tell them you can't keep liquids down now and you need help.

SmallBee Fri 22-Apr-16 18:01:35

Really bad headaches might be nothing but the advice is to call your midwife or antenatal unit if you are having them during pregnancy just in case. Give them a call and let us know what they say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now