Talk

Advanced search

7 weeks pregnant slight cramping

(9 Posts)
carmsevs Fri 22-Apr-16 15:12:21

Hey everyone just after some advice

Found out I was pregnant last week and I have been a bag of nerves ever since 😔 Today I have for slight cramping nothing too painful and no bleeding what so ever... Just feels like mild period pains!

My friends who have been pregnant and one who is pregnant now says it is normal and it's just part of your body adjusting to what's inside but it's worried me. I saw the doctor today for other reasons and she said it is nothing to worry about. I am seeing the midwife Tuesday so I can discuss with her but don't see the point in ringing her cause the pain isn't really bad it's just little twinges here and there.

Can anyone help??

nisi297 Fri 22-Apr-16 15:33:44

Hi, I was the same too at the beginning of my pregnancy.. I kept having cramping pains (which made me think I was due on my period) but never bled which is how I found out I was pregnant (I found out when I was 8 weeks). I wouldn't worry too much unless it gets worse and more regular. Try a hot water bottle, they always work wonders for me X

carmsevs Fri 22-Apr-16 15:42:49

It's nice to hear from someone who has experienced the same even though it's not a very nice one 😔
It's not getting worse it's just a dull cramping feeling there, going to run and bath and try to relax. I think I am making it worse by worrying so much. I am convinced something bad is going to happen! X

FuzzyOwl Fri 22-Apr-16 15:48:58

It is caused by your uterus expanding because of the baby. Whilst worrying, it really is completely normal and expect to have weird intermittent stomach cramps for most if not all of your pregnancy.

carmsevs Fri 22-Apr-16 16:14:04

Thank you fuzzy owl that has made me feel better. I have been looking on the NHS website and it says the same so I am feeling better! It's my first pregnancy and I think I am going to be a bag of nerves !!!

LittleLionMansMummy Fri 22-Apr-16 16:22:17

Normal ime too. Try to relax! smile

malin100 Fri 22-Apr-16 19:58:07

I had cramping more or less all day every day for weeks! Then it became just a few times a day. Now 18 weeks and still get a bit some days. I think it's just things moving and getting bigger. Nothing to worry about in my experience!

freerangeeggs Sat 23-Apr-16 18:14:38

I found out I was pregnant (at 6 weeks) thanks to implantation cramps. I don't usually get bad period pains so I knew something was up. It lasted about three weeks - not just in my stomach but in the tops of my thighs. It was really painful at times and at one point it was so bad I actually vomited! Everything was fine though and I'm now 12 weeks.

carmsevs Sat 23-Apr-16 18:43:08

Thank you everyone 😊 Feeling better about it all today just trying to relax. For some wild reason I did two more HPT today and got a bit anxious when I could see that one of the lines was faint. But after reading up on it I could see this is very comman? Has this happened to anyone?
Somethings do with so many hormones the test can't handle it? But apparently if you dilute with water it will give strong lines?
Don't know why I feel the need to check but my boobs aren't as sore today and I guess I was worried :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now