Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cold on and off for 7 weeks - so exhausted!

(6 Posts)
LumpishAndIllogical Thu 21-Apr-16 13:52:08

Hi All,

So I have had a cold on and off since 3rd March. Sometimes I have been very ill, feel awful in bed. Some days fine although very tired.

Spoke to doctor and told sometimes this just happens due to lowered immune system in pregnancy. And that it doesn't help that I have a school age kid. I think because I have been ill on and off for so long I am a bit worn down too.

I am 33 weeks and been on maternity leave for nearly 2 weeks as worked with SEN children, this didn't help as there were always illnesses going around! Some included Slapped cheek and TB, but fortunately escaped them!

Doctor has told me that I could have a cold until baby is born! Not sure what to do about it as some days I feel dizzy, headache, exhausted and struggle to look after my 5 year old DS. Doesn't help that I have bad SPD/PGP too, which I am having physio for. Generally all contributing to lack of sleep.

Does anyone have any advice? xx

Bumpylady Thu 21-Apr-16 22:06:37

No advice but hth, I have been the same for weeks now - on and off cold symptoms, feel terrible at the moment and toddler to look after x

Quodlibet Thu 21-Apr-16 22:52:20

Just sympathy here too. I had a seven/eight week cold too. It went away eventually but I've just had another 10-day cold/sinus infection. So frustrating cos you can't really take anything for it. I'm running round after a toddler too..

bippitybopityboo Fri 22-Apr-16 11:12:09

Feel for you and totally understand your pain. 28 weeks here and had soar throat ear ache blocked nose and head ache for the past 3 weeks and just can't seem to shake it 😢 some days are better than others just can't wait to feel right again. Hope it doesn't last till the end of pregnancy for you OP flowers

LumpishAndIllogical Fri 22-Apr-16 12:40:47

Thanks everyone. Seems like it's just hard to shake illnesses when pregnant.

Wish I could have a Lemsip!

AnUtterIdiot Fri 22-Apr-16 15:01:20

I feel for you. I got flu that settled on my chest just around the time implantation would have been happening (according to my precise calculations smile ) and although I'm a lot better than I was I still have this horrible gargly cough. It's not that productive, but every cough makes me feel as if I'm going to be sick (thanks, morning sickness). I'm sure it'll go in time but it's pretty grim at the moment, especially as I'm trying to work and haven't told anyone outside immediate family that I'm pregnant yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now