Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Back pain

(5 Posts)
Kar858 Thu 21-Apr-16 10:25:55

Only 11 weeks and laid up in bed with severe back pain, I literally can't stand up.
Really worried it's only going to get worse and won't go away. I'll never be able to look after a baby if this continues.

Heirhelp Thu 21-Apr-16 10:42:35

Are you taking paracetamol? General for back problems laying in bed is the worse thing you can do. You need to be up and moving. Have you been to see you GP yet?

Kar858 Thu 21-Apr-16 10:58:40

I was due surgery but it's been delayed because of being pregnant. I've been really trying to get up as I know I need to move about I'm just really struggling.
You're right though, I must try to move!

Heirhelp Thu 21-Apr-16 11:31:33

It is fine to take paracetamol in pregnancy. I would ask for a physio referral to help you support your back and prevent more damage.

madhurivats Thu 21-Apr-16 11:38:06

Back pain is one of the common problem during pregnancy. Sometime lower back pain and sometime upper back pain facing most of the women. Most of the women taking tablet for this problem but there are various other drug free methods to reduce your pain. I also suffered from this pain during my pregnancy but when I read some valuable information from here www.pregnancyhealth.net/back-pain-during-pregnancy/ then I lower my pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now