Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cleaning products

(4 Posts)
AutumnRose1988 Wed 20-Apr-16 20:43:22

I know this might sound a little naive and silly but ever so often I have these niggly worries that I need to ask someone about!

I am 15 weeks pregnant and use multi surface wipes quite a bit to sanitize when sorting out my dogs, cooking and general cleaning etc. I am not going near nail polish and hair dye etc as I don't want to use these products whilst pregnant and then I stopped and started to worry whether the surface cleaners I use regularly could have harmful effects to unborn baby too?

Really need some reassurance that I'm not the only pregnant woman who has turned into a germaphobe who uses plenty multi surface wipes everyday x

Dixxie Sun 24-Apr-16 17:01:28

Hiya. I'm 6 weeks and feel more conscious of cleanliness, but I'm more worried about all the nasty dangerous chemicals in cleaning products and moving over to natural Eco products. I would at least make sure you're wearing gloves so you don't absorb chemicals from the wipes.

Threeunderthree33 Sun 24-Apr-16 17:14:43

Small children in our house. I try to avoid cleaning chemicals too. White vinegar and bicarbonate of soda are your friend. If it's good enough to eat, it must be ok.

earth911.com/living-well-being/health/cleaning-vinegar-baking-soda-lemon/

bobcat85 Sun 24-Apr-16 18:39:12

Most cleaning products are absolutely fine to use when pregnant. Just use gloves and make sure you're in a well ventilated area.

www.m.webmd.com/baby/features/what-to-avoid-when-youre-expecting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now