Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Milk has come in and I feel crap :(

(6 Posts)
Chloeisobelle21 Wed 20-Apr-16 15:03:03

My milk came in this morning and this afternoon I'm aching in my legs and my hips, my stomach is tender. I'm not breastfeeding so leaving them alone but my left boob feels huge and like a rock, it's also more painful than the other. Could it be mastitis?

Wings13 Wed 20-Apr-16 15:05:02

Try putting a warm damp face cloth on it- it may be a blockage and this may help unblock it. Hth!

Chloeisobelle21 Wed 20-Apr-16 15:08:44

Thanks will do. I'm concerned about these aches though, feels like period pains but it's making my hips and legs really hurt..

Ohwoolballs Wed 20-Apr-16 15:15:16

Oh man! I have a three week old and still remember the day 3 milk coming in vividly.
I'd be worried about the pains in your legs - every midwife appt they ask about leg pains but I'm really rubbish and can't remember why, I'm sorry to give you a worry and run! It might be worth giving the mat assesment unit or your midwife a ring just to make sure it's normal. Again, I'm sorry to be an over reacting worry!

As PP said, hot compresses, quick hot showers worked for me.

Congrats on the baby!

Julieb85 Wed 20-Apr-16 18:54:17

I remember my milk coming in being the absolute worse part of having a baby. I was in agony - my arms, tummy, boobs, neck - I was miserable!! The plus side is it literally only lasted a few days. Some people swear by Savoy cabbage leaves but I actually found they made my boobs worse - my nipples were literally stinging when I used them! I found cold breast pads in my bra helped...

mellowyellow1 Wed 20-Apr-16 21:32:31

You have my sympathy. Mine was so bad I couldn't sleep. It was agony! Only lasted a day thank god.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now