Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

spots in front of eyes, sleeping or "numb" feeling

(4 Posts)
Cigna Tue 19-Apr-16 11:21:56

What can this be? I´m 6 month pregnant. I had a big meeting this morning in a warm room and near the end of it, I couldn´t focus my vision anymore: I had spots floating before my eyes. Once back in my office, I ate a banana to have something in my stomach (after breakfast) but it does not seem to help. I do not see spots any more, but I still find it hard to focus and concentrate. Then suddenly my right hand fell asleep for a while and afterwards my tongue which is a really awkward feeling. Now I´m doing a bit better. I tried reaching my dr, but he´s busy and in any case it will take a couple of hours before I could go to the hospital (I´m working in another city). Should I check this out or is this a known symptom?

Ziege Tue 19-Apr-16 12:07:38

Hi, I have no experience with any of those symptoms myself, but I remember from last pregnancy that problems with vision, such as seeing flashes or lights, was on the list of symptoms that should be checked as might be a sign for some potentially serious condition (preeclampsia maybe?). So I think you should not give up seeing somebody about it soon; maybe call your midwife? Don't want to scare you, maybe you are just having a day with bad blood circulation or so, but I'd rather see somebody. (Sorry for mistakes am not a native speaker)

Heirhelp Tue 19-Apr-16 12:10:49

Visual disturbances and\or bad headache is a sign of preeclampsia. Every midwife appointment I have now (38 weeks) midwife reminds me that if I have these symptoms I must ring the hospital straight away. This is no something you can just wait and see what happens.

Smartiepants79 Tue 19-Apr-16 12:13:49

Yup, definitely get an appointment with someone. Midwife, gp, someone and today.
Might be nothing but others are right those symptoms need checking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now