Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Recommendations for private scans in London

(14 Posts)
WhatsYourDamage Tue 19-Apr-16 09:00:38

It's another month before my scan (am 10 weeks now) and my anxiety is through the roof. I need to know everything's okay.

I saw a Harley St place recommended on here a few time but can't remember the name.

AveEldon Tue 19-Apr-16 10:25:45

www.fetalmedicine.com/

HVB79 Tue 19-Apr-16 10:40:34

I had a scan there recently too (although later in the pregnancy) and they were great. Good luck!

HVB79 Tue 19-Apr-16 10:44:01

Ps you can also set up the appointment by email which may be helpful

WhatsYourDamage Tue 19-Apr-16 11:13:10

Thanks!

smellsofelderberries Tue 19-Apr-16 12:11:05

I went to the Fetal Medicine Centre on Harley St last week and it was wonderful. I was 9+2 and the pictures were really clear and we spent about 15 minutes looking at the baby, doing measurements and stuff. They even have this setting where we could see the blood pulsing through the cord!

The sonographer could see we were nervous so as soon as she found baby she turned on the sound so we could hear the heartbeat, it all happened within about 30 seconds of me lying down. It was a fantastic experience and I would highly recommend them.

Castafioresbijoux Tue 19-Apr-16 19:43:41

Another one for FMC - if you can get an appointment now for 400 pounds you can have the harmony test plus 2 scans

positivity123 Wed 20-Apr-16 06:57:06

We went to the Birth centre and they were good as well. It was 100 quid to have a basic scan as we just wanted to see a heartbeat

cantbelieveImquittingcoffee Wed 20-Apr-16 07:04:39

Yep, we went to FMC too and I decided that rather than pay £100 for a scan it was worth paying £400 for the harmony test (and 2 scans) and 10 and 12 weeks. They have long/flexible hours too and answered specific concerns we had which in the NHS scan (which was of course perfectly fine and I was v grateful to have!) they said they couldn't check - so it's really worth it!

DaisyFranceLynch Wed 20-Apr-16 07:07:57

Another recommendation for Fetal Medicine Centre on Harley Street. We went for the Harmony test and the whole experience was brilliant: a comfortable, relaxing clinic, helpful staff, and very high quality scans.

When we went to our 12 week NHS appointment the sonographer saw that we'd been to the FMC and said we didn't need an NHS scan since the FMC ones were so much clearer (newer machines, I think).

eurochick Wed 20-Apr-16 07:52:11

I would also recommend the FMC.

cantbelieveImquittingcoffee Wed 20-Apr-16 08:13:34

daisy that's funny, we still got our NHS one! So had 3 scans in 3 weeks! smile

DaisyFranceLynch Wed 20-Apr-16 08:55:34

I think our sonography department was quite busy too so it made sense for them to cancel rather than replicate the FMC scan. I'd quite like to have had another chance to see mini France-Lynch but there was no medical reason.

WhatsYourDamage Wed 20-Apr-16 10:00:45

I've got a scan booked with them for next week. Can't wait!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now