Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bloody nosebleeds!!!!

(5 Posts)
FluffyPickleMonster Mon 18-Apr-16 23:07:07

Grrrrr! Currently sat up in bed with tissue stuck up my nose! Was just dozing off when my nose started bleeding. Third one in a week! Didn't realise it was a pregnancy symptom until I consulted Dr Google. Why on earth would pregnancy hormones specifically affect the cells in your nose?! This is my most annoying symptom! Anyone else getting them? Dr Google said it was nothing to worry about....??

VictoriaRoses Mon 18-Apr-16 23:16:30

I had one at my baby shower. Dsis thought I had been picking my noseblushhard time convincing her it's a pregnancy side effect.

FifiRebel Tue 19-Apr-16 08:03:04

Yep I've been having them, never had a nosebleed before pregnancy! It's weird as a lot of blood seems to come out but not dripping if that makes sense (I remember in primary school children who were prone to them would drip blood all over the floor!)

My midwife said its completely normal as the membranes (?) in nose expand in pregnancy. I've had a stuffy nose for weeks too. My nosebleeds seem to come on when I'm stressed or upset myself

RuskBaby Tue 19-Apr-16 09:40:02

Definitely the weirdest symptom I have right now along with the sickness and twitchy eye, beginning to wonder when the next instalment will be along confused

FluffyPickleMonster Tue 19-Apr-16 23:32:27

I'm reassured I'm not the only one having them, thanks ladies. Bloody nuisance! Literally! Mine have been quite big, plus I had one on a flight which was rather embarrassing and not very easy to deal with. Hopefully they'll settle down soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now