Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cramping in early pregnancy

(7 Posts)
Jooty Mon 18-Apr-16 22:57:58

Hiya All,

I found out a week ago that I was pregnant with my first baby so very new to this! I'm only 5 weeks but have had on and off cramping all week - some more painful than others. I was just curious about others experiences with cramping? Any info would be great!

quitecrunchy Tue 19-Apr-16 08:06:00

I had this for the first few weeks, from what I understand it's really really common. Congratulations btw!

Fizzyjo Tue 19-Apr-16 08:16:24

Hi,

I found out on Sunday that I was pregnant. I did a test as most of last week I was having very bad period style pains with some more sudden sharp stabbing pains when coughing, blowing my nose...very sore boobs as well.
Since finding out I am still having the bad cramps. Was awake for a hour last night with pains that felt what I imagine labour pains to feel like (although less intense). I am also feeling incredibly sick and only about 5 weeks. Am due to see GP this morning so will see what she says!

RaeSkywalker Tue 19-Apr-16 08:24:12

Hi OP, I'm 9+2 and had this until I was about 8 weeks. My GP wasn't concerned, said it's very common. They did say to go back if there was any blood though.

Fizzyjo yours sound a lot more intense! I hope that everything is ok,

Jooty Tue 19-Apr-16 08:52:06

Thanks for the replies - I think I'm being paranoid! Fizzyjo I hope your appointment goes well and it's just your baby settling in. I just had mine this morning and found out no scan for 7 more weeks - I'm itching to see bubba!

Fizzyjo Tue 19-Apr-16 10:19:55

So my GP spoke to the hospital and I am waiting for a scan to rule out ectopic sad.
She said I wasn't a textbook case but best to know although might not see anything if too early anyway. Just keeping fingers crossed!

Jeffant1005 Thu 21-Apr-16 04:28:41

Hi iam 6weeks pregnant and i been having cramps all over even around my belly and pain in lower back it only happens at night and i cant get comfy belly is sore and top it off i had four ultrasounds and they cant see anything but the sac iam so worried they said it was a miscarriage but i havent had any bleeding or spotting and my belly is getting bigger and boobs hurt and always hunrgy has anyone gone through this and had a healthy baby

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now