Talk

Advanced search

Maternity pyjamas

(17 Posts)
malin100 Sun 17-Apr-16 12:18:38

I am slightly fussy on pyjamas and so it's even more difficult now I'm looking to buy maternity ones.

I don't like vest top styles which seems to rule out most. I prefer a tshirt style top to cover my shoulders. No black, ideally no grey and no silly slogans if possible. I'll be mostly wearing them in summer so nothing too hot. Then what's making it even more difficult: they need to be cheap cheap! I've been looking on eBay as well as high street but not found any yet. Any ideas?

dylsmimi Sun 17-Apr-16 13:46:19

Primark have them - not sure if they will match what you are looking for but the big shops have a big pj section so you may just be able to pick up a matching top you want in a big size

Sparklycat Sun 17-Apr-16 13:52:44

I'm a size 14 normally and just bought size 18/20 pjs and they've fitted fine throughout.

IwannabeKate Sun 17-Apr-16 13:53:47

Seriously, do these exist? Normal pyjama trousers sit fine under bump and just wear with baggy tshirts. Buy a few XL or men's ones from Primark/H&M/supermarket if you've nothing suitable.

ProbablyMe Sun 17-Apr-16 13:54:29

I've just worn normal pyjamas but in a size up with no problem.

Eminybob Sun 17-Apr-16 13:56:24

Yeah I was just going to say buy normal ones and size up.
Primark have loads of every style imaginable.

StinkyMcgrinky Mon 18-Apr-16 14:54:55

I got some maternity pj bottoms for cheap in the next sale (about £6 I think) that I love. I don't like vests either so bought some plain maternity tshirt from eBay for 99p and sleep in those.

Junosmum Mon 18-Apr-16 15:00:32

Primark, 1 size up.

Thataintnoetchasketch Mon 18-Apr-16 15:06:19

I just bought pjs from the places I would usually in a bigger size. Towards the end I slept in DHs jammies

GlamourBear Mon 18-Apr-16 18:07:16

I've been buying cheap ones in larger sizes and men's which has been a lot cheaper I think as even on eBay etc they seem to put the price up when the word maternity is involved!

Snowflake16 Mon 18-Apr-16 19:08:46

I was looking for the same type. Primark have them for £9 set, I'm normally a 10-12 just got size 18-20 (I'm 34weeks) the fit is so comfy.

wonkylegs Mon 18-Apr-16 19:12:55

I've been wearing regular pj bottoms (under bump) with one of dh's White t-shirt on top. Really comfy and fits well even with massive bump (I'm 37wks) my DH is quite a bit bigger than me, might not work if yours is a small bloke.

shitwithsugaron Mon 18-Apr-16 19:20:29

When I was pregnant I'm sure I saw some decently priced ones at George at Asda online, but didn't buy so can't offer advice on quality or price, sorry.

StepfauxWife Mon 18-Apr-16 19:22:41

JoJo Maman Bebe do some which are very comfortable - they have an over the bump support. I just wore those with a t shirt.

eurochick Mon 18-Apr-16 19:55:24

I wore my normal ones throughout with the waistband pushed down. I wear stretchy vest tops on top and wore non mat ones which were fine.

SmallBee Mon 18-Apr-16 22:24:08

I've just been wearing baggy t-shirts, but I really want some by a brand called PJMama, they look really comfy.

lornathewizzard Mon 18-Apr-16 22:36:53

Asda have got them online, I like over bump so works for me. However I only like vests so didn't clock whether they had tshirt ones or not. Worth a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now