Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What to wear to christening at 13 weeks?

(3 Posts)
Baz13 Sat 16-Apr-16 09:05:22

I am going to be godmother and wouldn't normally be as worried about what I would wear, but seeing as I will be 'on show' I want to look smart.

My friend is combining the christening with his first birthday party afterwards, so I don't want to be too OTT (if that makes sense).
My close friends know I am pregnant, and a week before the christening I will announce my pregnancy, so people will know at the christening I am not fat/ pudgy but pregnant ;)

I am fitting into maternity trousers now and have put on over a stone already (I always do put a lot of weight on in my pregnancy's!). I am fitting into size 12 maternity jeans and size 14 normal jeans (but they are getting uncomfortable).

I have thought about wearing a smart pair of trousers and a floaty top. Or a cami top and a kimono/ blazer but just I am just not sure. I have looked at dresses also but feel conscious that I won't have a defined enough 'bump' for maternity dresses and don't want to waste money on normal sized clothes if they won't fit for long (although a larger size may be ok, if the style is right).

Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you smile

Noodledoodledoo Sat 16-Apr-16 21:11:47

Empire line dresses, tops, cover a multitude of sins. Fat Face, White Stuff style.

I am 26 weeks and a lot of my tops which are this style I am still getting away with.

Junosmum Sat 16-Apr-16 22:18:56

I went to a wedding at 13 weeks, wore spanx and a maximum dress. I wasn't even vaguely showing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now