Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

34 weeks, bad stomach upset-type pain

(11 Posts)
YokoUhOh Fri 15-Apr-16 03:45:04

Anyone up? I thought I had a stomach upset when I went to bed, and have been to the loo a couple of times. The pain is quite bad, but not like contractions (or at least the contractions I had before DS1 was born). The baby's been going mad and feels like he's been 'burrowing'. Do I need to get checked out? Or is this just typical late pregnancy gripes?

Barbie1 Fri 15-Apr-16 03:57:29

Can you ring the hospital just for some reassurance? I had a similar type of pain at 33 weeks...dc3 was born a few hours later shock

It might be nothing but it's not worth the risk, a quick phone call should reassure you flowers

YokoUhOh Fri 15-Apr-16 04:00:10

Shit Barbie, really? DS1 was quick and a couple of weeks early but I wasn't expecting to be launching into labour quite this early. Thanks for replying, think I'll give the MW unit a ring...

Barbie1 Fri 15-Apr-16 04:19:18

Crap, hope I didn't worry you! I was just trying to say it's not worth the risk

YokoUhOh Fri 15-Apr-16 04:27:44

No please don't worry, will call them in a minute! Really appreciate the heads-up!

YokoUhOh Fri 15-Apr-16 09:41:33

Maternity Assessment unit basically told me to keep an eye on things and call back if the pain ramps up again. The pain is easier this morning.

mellowyellow1 Fri 15-Apr-16 09:51:35

I had an upset stomach the day before I had DD. It may be the start of something but if not hope you feel better!

Mummyme87 Fri 15-Apr-16 10:15:48

Rest & fluids. Keep an eye. Take some paracetamol if you think it might help with pain. If you think it's turning into contractions give maternity unit a shout

Everythinggettingbigger Fri 15-Apr-16 11:39:48

34 weeks over here having lots of pains too! flowers

how do you feel now?

I feel a bit mental ringing MAU just to say "I don't feel right" but I don't, and I cant quite put my finger on it. Didn't wake up to my babys usual big wriggle, but he has been moving this morning and has done this a few times now, bump seems quite sore to the touch and tender, had a couple of pains and some back ache but not enough to have made me think I'm in labour, and just generally feel unwell but I have had a cold for the last week too! 34+3

YokoUhOh Fri 15-Apr-16 12:48:59

Everything I just feel sore and tired now, nothing seems to be happening. Last time around (Nov 2012) my waters broke at 38 weeks and contractions started later that day, so this isn't my experience of labour. I think it must be a bug. Hope you're feeling more comfortable soon.

Everythinggettingbigger Fri 15-Apr-16 14:18:45

same, tired with an achey back and bump. Looks like we both had different experiences of labour the first time round too so new to both of us! Mine was Nov 2010, had to have my waters broken but went into labour spontaneously at 40+3. Early the first time for you you have a good chance of it happening again. flowers and feet up for you xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now