Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

early pregnancy signs!

(95 Posts)
MrsG32 Thu 14-Apr-16 19:34:49

Hi,

This is going to sound ridiculous (blush) but I had the coil removed 31st March to try for our second baby grin (my periods are clockwork every month on the 20th of each month and it was the no hormone coil had and the nurse said I was fertile from removal). Anyway I've been having unprotected sex since. My period is due next Thursday (20th) but today I've had light pink blood well sort of - it was (TMI) on my knickers and when I wiped although none tonight. Had a few pains in my boobs from time to time through out the day too. I remember feeling weird last weekend but I put it down to stress as I'm about to move house! Anyway could it be implantation bleeding? Again TMI but I've only had sex 3 times since?! So I wouldn't say I've been at it all the time! Just wondering what others experienced and if I'm being a baby zilla as it's not like I've had the coil out months/ been trying ages. Thanks ladies smile

Jenjen85 Thu 14-Apr-16 20:21:35

Not a lot of help but I got pregnant on the coil shock currently 20wks. I'd probably wait until 20th to test using a pink dye test as iv heard they are the most sensitive

MrsG32 Thu 14-Apr-16 20:34:57

Thanks! What's a pink dye one? I probably am being ridiculous! X

Jenjen85 Sat 16-Apr-16 15:42:38

It's just one type of test. Think superdrug own is a pink dye one. Don't be tempted to get the clearblue digital as they are expensive and not always accurate especially if testing early.

1moretime Sat 16-Apr-16 16:33:48

I used the cheap tests from home bargains and they are pink dye ones hun. Got a BFP with mine 😃 Good luck xx

fitzbilly Sat 16-Apr-16 16:39:16

I got pregnant on my first cycle after having the coil removed, we were expecting it to take longer but it didn't!grin

MrsG32 Sat 16-Apr-16 18:24:11

Fitzbilly were you having sex every couple of days? I don't think I'm pregnant as that night after I posted I went to the loo before bed there were 3 drops of blood so expected period the next day (yesterday) but still no flow only spotting from time to time not even all day long just at odd times....period due weds not thurs like I originally said. Also did you had the no hormone copper coil? Just as there's no hormone it's apparently normal that periods start off like spotting before it develops into full flow...I think I'm just expecting to fall pregnant the first time post coil removal as I fell pregnant within 3 weeks the first time after I finished my pill packet xx

MrsG32 Sat 16-Apr-16 18:24:43

Thanks Jen Jen I might buy some to have them in stock grin

MrsG32 Sat 16-Apr-16 18:26:05

Huge congrats onemoretime! I think I'm just hoping haha. This sporting must be my period about to start...by the way does anyone know what counts as your first day of ovulation? Would spotting or is it when you're in full flow when you have to use a tampon/pad? Xx

Jenjen85 Sat 16-Apr-16 22:05:14

When I had my first copper coil removed 4 years ago I got pregnant 6months after I had it removed so don't worry if you don't fall pregnant straight away. I spotted with this pregnancy early on and thought I was either coming on or having a miscarriage but now 20wks. It's not uncommon to spot light pink/brown blood as it can be implantation bleeding

Ffion3107 Sat 16-Apr-16 22:50:34

If yout last period was on the 20th of February then it would make sense to be ovulating for a few days after the coil was removed.
In my first pregnancy my period began on the 20th, I stopped taking the pill, and we conceived on the 31st, that's why I'm saying it makes sense!
Good luck, I hope you get the result you're hoping for. But, if you're bleeding for no reason and worried, maybe see a GP as you're not due a period until the 20th?

Unfairestofthemall Sat 16-Apr-16 23:03:51

I had my copper coil removed and now have an 8 week old DD. Her due date was exactly 40 weeks after I had it removed so it can happen straight away. Good luck smile

MrsG32 Sun 17-Apr-16 07:32:38

Yeh JenJen I think it'll take much longer this time round than last! It's hard fitting in a lot of sex with a 2 year old too!

MrsG32 Sun 17-Apr-16 07:34:24

Ffion3107 my last period was 20th March so I'm due on weds, 20th April. There's been spotting since Thursday off and on but I'm just assuming my period is about to start as I feel extra tired (I am however always tired haha) and my boobs are sore at times so I'm thinking it's about to come xx

MrsG32 Sun 17-Apr-16 07:36:06

Ffion3107 just re read your message so basically you stopped contraception same time as me the 31st? I think I fell that quickly with my first but we'll see I should focus on just keep having sex rather than wonder if I'm pregnant haha

MrsG32 Sun 17-Apr-16 07:37:13

Unfairestofthemall wow that was straight away! I guess because I haven't been having sex loads I just assumed I'm not. Time will tell I guess if my period starts next week or not!

MrsG32 Sun 17-Apr-16 08:59:31

Ah today I'm not spotting it's more like very very light blood that's brown in colour not enough for a tampon though...so do I count this as my first day of ovulation?

MrsG32 Sun 17-Apr-16 08:59:59

Sorry not ovulation first day of cycle!

Jenjen85 Sun 17-Apr-16 12:03:26

I used to just count that as spotting I classed my first day as when I wore a tampon. When do you think you'll take the test? When I was spotting with this pregnancy I never needed a pad it was only when I wiped

MrsG32 Sun 17-Apr-16 12:17:39

JenJen I don't think I will take a test? Spotting started Thursday and there was nothing at all Friday. Yesterday more spotting then today very very light brownish blood. Sometimes there's a stain on my knickers other times not...I'm assuming my period is imminent though...so I count the first full flow of red period blood as first day of ovulation? I just thought if it was implantation bleeding it would have stopped by now so think it's period en route xx

MrsG32 Sun 17-Apr-16 12:19:10

I definitely couldn't wear a pad or tampon even today it's usually when I wipe by then again it still looks like blood tinged discharge to me as opposed to any proper flow. It's just weird that my period has started doing this as it used to start and be tampon flow on the first day and get heavier until lighter again. This spotting/staining is something new. Xx

Jenjen85 Sun 17-Apr-16 15:47:41

If you haven't started bleeding properly by the 20th I'd take a test as I say I spotted with this pregnancy was just when I wiped and brown discharge

Ffion3107 Sun 17-Apr-16 20:47:11

I took the last pill on the 19th, period 20th-25th and conceived on the 31st.
How's the bleeding now?

MrsG32 Mon 18-Apr-16 08:02:45

Well it was still a little bit of brown discharge yesterday had sex also and after that the same (although then mixed with sperm) this morning there's hardly nothing...looks like a tiny bit of dry brown discharge so not sure what's going on! Maybe the period will come it's just taking its time!

Jenjen85 Tue 19-Apr-16 16:25:35

How is the spotting today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now