Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does this sound like the mucus plug?

(8 Posts)
waxweasel Thu 14-Apr-16 14:58:33

I'm 41 weeks today, and just went for a wander into town to run some errands (may have overdone it a bit tbh with the heavy bags....). Had to sit down a couple of times because of such sharp stabbing pains of the fanny dagger type, felt like everything was about to fall out of me. At one point it felt like I desperately needed a wee, dashed to the toilet - nothing.
Came home and it suddenly felt like I needed a poo - again nothing, but there is loads and loads of discharge which has appeared within the last hour. That sort of whitish-clear stringy stuff like the EWCM you get around ovulation. No pink or blood tinging to it. Does that sound like the plug? This is DC2 so you'd think I'd know, but I was induced last time at 40+5 so spontaneous labour is all new to me!

Sanch1 Thu 14-Apr-16 15:36:10

I'd say possibly not. It literally looks like a blob of jelly or snot! Mine had a pinkish tinge to it.

MyBreadIsEggy Thu 14-Apr-16 15:40:59

Mine was like that for a couple of days, and u wasn't sure if it was the plug. But then about two days after that I got a big blob of snotty, mucuousy stuff - no blood or even pink tinge though. My water broke that evening, and DD was born two days later.

JugglingBabies Thu 14-Apr-16 15:55:37

You'll know the plug when/if you see it! grin

LBOCS2 Thu 14-Apr-16 17:03:53

It's definitely a lot more like jelly than mucus. It holds a shape on a tissue and wibbles...

MyBreadIsEggy Thu 14-Apr-16 17:27:14

Sounds like it to me then!

waxweasel Thu 14-Apr-16 17:50:08

Thanks everyone! Sounds like it's not the real thing yet then sigh

MyBreadIsEggy Thu 14-Apr-16 18:04:52

Ignore me....I read LBOCS2's comment and thought it was the OP confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now