Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Swollen achey feet and hands

(7 Posts)
Heirhelp Thu 14-Apr-16 11:58:54

I am 37 weeks pregnant with swollen aching feet, calves and hands. Midwife says the level of swelling is to be expected. What can I do to make it feel better? I have tried raising feet and not doing too much but I also need to balance this with been active, nobody wants a back to back baby!

booked83 Thu 14-Apr-16 12:06:29

Have they checked your blood pressure? (I'm sure they have but that's the first thing they do w me)I am on constant watch for my bp! Nice warm baths?

Heirhelp Thu 14-Apr-16 12:34:45

Blood pressure is fine and I don't have protein in my urine. Baths seem to make it a little better but not much. I suspect it is just another one if those pregnancy things that I will just have to deal with smile

booked83 Thu 14-Apr-16 12:44:43

Ah glad blood pressure is fine! Yeh probably one of those things mine is the top of my feet r swollen my ankles do get swollen but go down where as tops don't!

Heirhelp Thu 14-Apr-16 16:06:24

It is the tops of my feet that hurt the most. My ankles have been MIA for the last couple of weeks.

booked83 Thu 14-Apr-16 16:59:39

Same for tops of my feet you won't have long to go though xx

Heirhelp Thu 14-Apr-16 19:49:31

I will try and convince my husband to massag them. It is my first baby so I am thinking I still have a while left.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now