Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TMI!!! Diarrhoea at 34 weeks.

(4 Posts)
Sunshine511 Wed 13-Apr-16 23:26:48

Is this normal at this stage of pregnancy? I've had a few bouts of it in the last few days! I know your bowels tend to do things like this before labour but surely it's a bit early for that? Think I'm panicking because DH is away at the moment so it's just me and DC1 here. Thanks.

Northernlurker Wed 13-Apr-16 23:42:39

You need to stay hydrated and keep an eye on symptoms. If it gets worse, you've more frequent Brixton hicks or baby's movement changes then seek medical advice. It's unlikely to be labour, could be just your insides getting irritated but if it is a bug then it could just possibly push you into labour so be vigilant.

Annabrooke90 Thu 14-Apr-16 09:45:04

Mine started at 30 weeks, I had ds at 34 weeks so was the start of things for me but lasted a fair while, I did have every other possible sign of labour along side of this though too. But lots of things could be the cause of yours if you have no other signs. Keep an eye on it.

Luna7993 Thu 14-Apr-16 09:48:03

I'm 36 weeks and have had really loose bowels, almost similar to diarrhoea, for the past 2 weeks. No sign of labour yet, but I'm sure it means things are moving in that direction. DH also away at the moment so not keen for anything to start up immediately!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now