Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

panicked

(13 Posts)
Tink2015 Wed 13-Apr-16 21:02:40

Last year I had A miscarriage and I'm now seven weeks and two days pregnant I'm so worried that the same thing is going to happen again. I haven't even had my first midwife appointment yet that's next week. Any advice on how to keep me calm any advice wouldn't go a miss? I have. Symptoms like morning sickness but it keeps disappearing confused

shopaholic85 Wed 13-Apr-16 21:25:41

Hi Tink. Congratulations and sorry for your loss.

I just wanted to post to say that you're not alone. I am 6 weeks today and had a miscarriage 3 months ago at exactly the same stage. I've had back ache this evening and convinced myself that I was having another mc. And I haven't had any nausea yet, which is worrying me.

I promised myself I would enjoy this pregnancy, whatever the outcome. I've tried doing what I imagine people who don't worry about mc would do at this stage, like making plans, thinking of baby names etc. This has helped a little, as I didn't get to really do these things last time before it was all over. Remembering my lost baby, now that I am in a more hopeful place, has also been a comfort, but understand that for some this would be too painful.

FranksBobot Wed 13-Apr-16 21:32:44

I'm sorry to say there is no magic way of stopping the anxiety it's perfectly normal and natural given the circumstances. I suffered a mmc and then went on to have a successful pregnancy despite a rather large bleed at 6 weeks so try and keep positive.

Tink2015 Thu 14-Apr-16 12:38:44

Sorry for both your loss and thanks really helped reading this just hoping I get my first scan soon so I can stop worrying sad

smellsofelderberries Thu 14-Apr-16 13:16:05

Can you book in for a private early scan? I know exactly how you feel- I had a MMC at Christmas and am 9+1 today and spotting lots because of a haematoma. It's very stressful. I have had vague nausea but have not come close to actually being sick, and I definitely have days where I feel fine and have no nausea at all all day. My Mum never really had sickness and my sister didn't even know she was pregnant with her first until 10 weeks so had no symptoms!
It's a very difficult time, just do your best to get through the days how you can.

Honeybee79 Thu 14-Apr-16 13:56:51

Hello. Just wanted to offer my sympathies re the anxiety. I haven't had a mc before but am currently 7 weeks after IVF and I am utterly, utterly terrified. I had an early scan at 6 plus 5 which showed a heartbeat but I have been getting dark brown spotting on and off for nearly a week now and I just can't stop worrying about it, even though my clinic had advised me that it is common, esp after IVF.. Am going to the loo and checking constantly!

I have no symptoms. I have a DS who is now 5 and had no symptoms at all when I was pg with him so lack of symptoms is not something to worry about in itself. Many women don't have any.

Tink2015 Thu 14-Apr-16 14:02:31

Iv havnt even had my first midwife appointment yet as they kept pushing me back my first one is next week so hopefully they will sort me out as I'm constantly worried and always looking online at symptoms which worries me even more and I hope everything is ok for you

idontlikealdi Thu 14-Apr-16 14:49:33

I ha a private reassurance scan when I was pregnant after mc. Was £50 and saved my sanity - even though there were two in theresmile

Tink2015 Thu 14-Apr-16 15:42:35

How do you go about booking a private scan? And how many weeks do u have to be As I'm only 7 weeks and omg congratulations smile

shopaholic85 Thu 14-Apr-16 19:04:36

It's easy. I Googled to see whether there was a clinic near me that did them and just called them up. Some hospitals offer them too. I'll be having mine at 7+3 and most will do them from 6 weeks, so not early at all. Mine was £80, which is on the pricey side, but think it depends on where you are. Hope that helps.

Tink2015 Thu 14-Apr-16 19:43:13

Thank you I'm going to look into it and see what I can sort out :D

Cailler Thu 14-Apr-16 20:01:29

I was exactly the same as you, I had had a miscarriage early on and have been absolutely worried sick since the day I got my BFP. Every day I was trying to work out if I felt more or less sick than the day before. I was very sick over the weekend and then felt much better on Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday I had my first appointment with the doctor (they do this earlier where I live) and I had pretty much convinced myself at this point that it was going to be bad news, that I had made the whole thing up in my head, I was utterly miserable. Everything turned out to be absolutely fine and we saw our 8 week little bean with a teeny tiny beating heart. It was an amazing moment! I'm sure everything will be fine for you too. The scan really helped and has changed everything, I'm not sure how I would have made it to 12 weeks in the state that I had got myself in to! If you can find somewhere to go for an early scan I would recommend it.

Tink2015 Thu 14-Apr-16 20:53:37

Thank you that advice really helps because there's nothing worse than sitting there wondering and getting yourself in a state. I'm going to try and look into it because I think it would really put my mind at rest. Iv had no bleeding like last time but you can't help but worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now