Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

4D scan

(10 Posts)
LimesMum Wed 13-Apr-16 20:11:29

Trying to decide whether it's worth paying for a 4d baby scan? Has anyone had one and can recommend one way or the other?

Artioo2 Wed 13-Apr-16 20:17:01

I haven't ever paid for one, but a nice consultant at our hospital gave us a print out of one after a scan for medical reasons at 28 weeks because the scan was good news and my 4-year-old charmed her!

I think, having looked at other people's, which can sometimes look a bit distorted, we got quite lucky with the shot she got - the detail is amazing, it's really like a black and white photo of the baby. I actually don't think I'd pay for one though - to be honest, I felt like I was seeing something I shouldn't be seeing yet! It's so clear, it's a little uncanny.

Southy84 Wed 13-Apr-16 20:56:55

I had one at 24 weeks, it was a 2d that I booked as DH and I didn't want a 3d/4d as we thought they were a bit odd, but when we got there we could pay for photos and they auto upgraded to a 4d for us. We weren't sure initially but it was incredible. We were very lucky at that stage to get such clear pictures, normally they recommend slightly further along for best pictures (30 weeks I think they told us) We didn't regret it at all and definitely would recommend it, it is a strange thing seeing your baby's face not in 2d though, it's made me convinced we're having a boy- not that we've found out what we are having. If you decide to do it be prepared though as artioo2 says it does kind of feel like it's something you shouldn't be seeing, so as long as that doesn't bother you I say go for it smile

Inwaiting Wed 13-Apr-16 21:16:49

I must admit I wish I didn't bother. We went two weeks ago and they couldn't get a decent picture of baby's face and got to go back this Sunday. We initially booked it as thought it would be a good idea for grandparents to meet little one before hand but it just freaked them out a bit instead. Then found out baby had gone breech so been worrying ever since! Just from my experience I wish I never bothered

SunnyDays1987 Thu 14-Apr-16 07:41:38

I had a 4d scan at 28 weeks and it was great. Loved seeing his little face and I could already tell that he looked like his Dad! It's a personal choice but I don't regret it at all!

GlamourBear Thu 14-Apr-16 20:03:53

We had one at about 28 weeks and got some really clear pictures and video clips. I'm 32 weeks now and still love looking at the pictures! I'd definitely recommend having one.

Inwaiting Sun 17-Apr-16 21:58:28

I was having a bad day when I wrote my review. Been back today and it was a completely different experience. Baby in perfect position and we got 91 photos to take away! Xxx

Undertheboredwalk Tue 19-Apr-16 11:29:08

We had a 4D scan at 30 weeks and got some brilliant pics, it is really lovely to see them properly and so clearly!
This is one of ours smile

Undertheboredwalk Tue 19-Apr-16 12:02:09

Picture reposted! smile

Talcott2007 Tue 19-Apr-16 12:25:23

I had one at 27 weeks which included video (brought for us as a Xmas gift from DM) so don't know if I would have paid for one myself but glad of the experience. It was lovely and we got a couple of great images - you can absolutely tell DD will inherit my nose (poor child) but didn't really think about the time of appointment when booking and we ended up going during one of DD less active times of the day you could tell she was sleeping in the scans so we had to prod her a bit into a good position so I'd recommend planning the appointment time for when little one is going to be nice a wriggly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now